HybridZ

LS1 complete and road worthy

Congratualtions on a very nice looking Z!

I especially like the second engine shot in your first post. It looks like the picture was taken at sunrise and you can see it reflected on the fuel rail covers.

I generally don't like the g-nose, but yours does look pretty nice. The whole front end (nose, valance, fenders, etc.) are all one piece? It looks like it would take some time to get that all lined up properly.

treefer85 - The G nose on the yellow car I've had since '78, The whole setup (fenders w/flares, hood, nose and rear flares) cost me a cool $125. I then spent a lot of time getting them to line up and be straight. (I was a fiscally challenged student back then, see the last paragraph for the rest of the story...) The second was an ebay find. Rare, but occasionally listed.

nullbound, ppraska - Thanks for the compliment. I'm entered in the Starbird Rod& Custom show in Wichita in January, I sure hope to win something, even if it just a plaque.

bartman - Lack of sunlight has been a problem until today. About 2 hours around noon were sunny and the paint, the curves and highlights look like poured gold, thick as honey and way yellow. I cannot seem to get a picture to capture reality, but I'll keep trying. Many folks don't necessarily like the G nose, but that is OK with me, this is just my opinion of what I want my Z to look like. After I got the LS1 installed, the shop that was getting the car prepped for paint really went above and beyond on the nose. We took the inner structure and beefed it up, added the air dam and built it into a front clip, 10 bolts and the whole thing just lifts off. Not an everyday occurance, but possible if necessary. It all hangs together well and is structurally sound.

Doug - I'm getting all the parts together to do the LS1 conversion myself. The JCI instructions doesn't cover the electricals very well & I noticed on your website you had the JTR & JCI books, plus a few more . I couldn't make out the titles of the other books...

James

Doug - I'm getting all the parts together to do the LS1 conversion myself. The JCI instructions doesn't cover the electricals very well & I noticed on your website you had the JTR & JCI books, plus a few more . I couldn't make out the titles of the other books...

James

james-

That might have been my page on cardomain? Different yellow car-no g-nose and an LS2. The other 2 main books are the helm's manuals for the GTO donor car. The rest is stuff I downloaded from this site from different posters, mostly MAS280.

Mike