HybridZ

500Z project photos

MY77Z

hi guys,

just got my car back from the paint shop, fixed all the dents, removed the bumpers, shaved all the wholes, painted the engine bay. the car is ready for paint after i drop the engine and fire it :lol:

here are some photos

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

sdfgh.jpg

i9ij9.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

ertg.jpg

thats all of today guys, more photos are to come :-D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, new hood and front bumper are done, took few photos today, they are not ready at 100% but still looks good, will take more photos tomorow.....and just for info, the engine is in and works good, will drop the car on saturday at the paint shop, black is what im going with and hopefully the project will be ready to hit the street by the end of next week.....

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

thats all for today guys, your comments please :mrgreen:

hi Ernie,

the air dam is made by a guy here in kuwait who owns a fiberglass shop, he made it up, i told him that i want something special, he mixed i think 2 or 3 air dams and made this one up, i've never seen the same air dam on a Z, have you guys????? expensive though 310 bucks for the air dam

hi Ernie,

the air dam is made by a guy here in kuwait who owns a fiberglass shop, he made it up, i told him that i want something special, he mixed i think 2 or 3 air dams and made this one up, i've never seen the same air dam on a Z, have you guys????? expensive though 310 bucks for the air dam

310 bucks for a custom airdam is not expensive. LOL

probably cost 1/3 of that in supplies, no labour included.

thats a really nice airdam and it looks like your car is gonna be a featherweight.

careless,

LOL, well i thought it was expensive, well im payin 310$ labor included too...thanks, i really like it too, it looks mean, well not sure about my Z beein a featherweight but i'll have to check that after im done.

i thought it had some fibreglass parts on it, by the look of the headlight buckets, but it might just be a ball of tape. LOL

Ali,

Before you paint the air dam - perhaps you might consider asking the person who made the piece for you to make a mold so that you could reproduce it to sell and make a little money. I believe it would be good investment.

Just a suggestion!

Ernie/RacerX

Ernie wants one!!! :mrgreen:

hi ernie, he wouldnt make a mold for me, he already has one, and i could ask him to make you one but the shipping will kill you :(

bob, removed all the bumper's brackets, welded square pieces of sheet metal from the inside, did the same thing for all the wholes, then at the body shop, the guy did his magic :)

the skirt is cutom made by ''the'' fiberglass guy here in kuwat, i dont think you can buy anywhere.....

careless,

LOL, well i thought it was expensive, well im payin 310$ labor included too...thanks, i really like it too, it looks mean, well not sure about my Z beein a featherweight but i'll have to check that after im done.

i wonder what shipping would cost from kuwait, that's not a bad design for $310...

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I had the one piece Arizona Gnose shipped to me in a crate via Greyhound for ~$80 - it weighed around 80 lbs (crate was really heavy) and was just under the length limit...

I got lucky in that a fellow HybridZ'er around Phoenix happened to work at a place that did a lot of shipping and could fab a crate cheap for me - he even went and picked the GNose up from Dave!

I would imagine an air dam would run about the same, unless you would be willing to just put it in a box....

By the way - those wheels are Western Cyclone I's. I have the II's, which have more fins spaced closer together. Mine are 14x7's. I had 15x7's just like them (II's) on a '72 351CJ Mustang....

hello guys, well as my car sittin and waiting for the paint job, i took few photos today, sides of airdam look much much better now, dont they??

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

tell me what you guys think???

paint job, tuning and test drive are to come :icon29: