HybridZ

500Z project photos

MY77Z

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi ernie, he wouldnt make a mold for me, he already has one, and i could ask him to make you one but the shipping will kill you :(

bob, removed all the bumper's brackets, welded square pieces of sheet metal from the inside, did the same thing for all the wholes, then at the body shop, the guy did his magic :)

the skirt is cutom made by ''the'' fiberglass guy here in kuwat, i dont think you can buy anywhere.....

I was wondering if you put anything in there in case of an accident , I was planing a 1/4 steel channel across the complete back covered with sheet metal then finish it off.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I had the one piece Arizona Gnose shipped to me in a crate via Greyhound for ~$80 - it weighed around 80 lbs (crate was really heavy) and was just under the length limit...

I got lucky in that a fellow HybridZ'er around Phoenix happened to work at a place that did a lot of shipping and could fab a crate cheap for me - he even went and picked the GNose up from Dave!

I would imagine an air dam would run about the same, unless you would be willing to just put it in a box....

By the way - those wheels are Western Cyclone I's. I have the II's, which have more fins spaced closer together. Mine are 14x7's. I had 15x7's just like them (II's) on a '72 351CJ Mustang....

I don't think Greyhound is an option for getting stuff from Kuwait to the US.

:lmao:

I'm digging the spoiler as well, and my off the shelf Kaminari costs around the same amount.

woodboxer, no nothing in case of an accident, just the fuel tank and the nitrous bottle......:shifty:

guys, no body answered my Q, black grille or a chrome one??? knowing that the car will be black

go with what's cheaper, and when you figure out whether or not you like it, switch to the other. =/

or put the dirty one on, and we can photoshop it for yaz

how did you do the rear end , I am shaving mine and was woundering what the procedure is, yours looks good . As well were did you get the front skirt? or did your local make that as well?

bob

Yep you need to weld in new metal plates, where the bumper bracket holes used to be then use a stranded fiberglass filler rather than plastic filler...(the plastic stuffs gonna crack one day...) I included a couple pics of a 280Z we just finished off, we shaved the whole back panel, all emblems, all side marker lights (illegal too..just like the bumper) lower rocker moulding holes etc...

p9220002edit1vh6.jpg

p9280003bx5.jpg

and heres a couple "after" pics...sorry about how grainy the pics are I guess we didnt have the camera pixel-things set right lol

img0023bp2.jpg

img0024cu3.jpg

YA that what I am planning but do you have any in progress pics , I am planning on shaving the markers too, and actually the door handles and installing openers, if my son can source them, So are you saying use the fibreglass strains on all the car repairs or just the rear bumper?

thanks for the reply , I have been trying to find some pics for awhile now. ONly diff mine is a 81 and it has a offset line on the lower side which has to be dealt with,

DCP05678.jpg

here is a pic while I was buying it

81.jpg

btw how do I add captions like you did above to pictures?

To put in quotes on a pic just use the "paint" program in your Start>allprograms>accessories>paint in windows..once ytou open the pic in paint, on the left side tools, pick text, then use your mouse to make a box in the area you want. then type in your words.

And yea, in any filling situation after welding whatever holes up, or if your even just going over emblem holes then finish with fiberglass stranded filler...rather than bondo/plastic...its stronger...and wont crack so easy like bondo does.

now if your talking about repairing dents...pulling and reshaping the metal

then plastic filler is fine assuming your not throwing on a 1/2 inch thick coat...any metalwork should be as close as possible to the orginal shape

before any thought of bondo...

YA that what I am planning but do you have any in progress pics , I am planning on shaving the markers too, and actually the door handles and installing openers, if my son can source them, So are you saying use the fibreglass strains on all the car repairs or just the rear bumper?

thanks for the reply , I have been trying to find some pics for awhile now. ONly diff mine is a 81 and it has a offset line on the lower side which has to be dealt with,

DCP05678.jpg

here is a pic while I was buying it

81.jpg

btw how do I add captions like you did above to pictures?

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

took these photos this morning, final touches and primer are done, this afternoon will spray the car, will post more photos tonight :-D

the hood / airdam look much much better now, i just love em

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

in few hours, this Z will be BLACK :)