HybridZ

Rotisserie

alexideways

Hope it did'nt burn your carpets...

I'm sure it burned a lot more than just the carpet, my fellow canuck :cool:

Now I have a good question.

My car has virtually no frame, and the area in which the TC bucket and front rails connect to the firewall/undercarriage are rusted throughout.

HOW would i mount this car on a rotissieri, when the front bumper supports or rails are what I would normally attach this to.

Wouldn't then entire front end of the car buckle, or kink, or even decide that it want's to remove itself from the rest of the body?

:icon11:

Never had a car on the rotisserie before but, seems to me that I would probably weld in some braces in the frame to keep it in shape untill it's ready to roast.

Then, you'd rmove the braces as you move along restoring the shell.

I'll let more experienced guys shim in now.

Careless,

I am not in this situation yet but if I were I would leave the car on jack stands and fix the frame rail first. With the frame rails at least attach to the fender wells and the support of the 2 upper frames it would be strong enough to put it on a rottiserie. Then you can complete the bottom welding and connect the frame rails to the floor supports. The upper arms/rails (support the strut towers) seem to be a lot stronger (structurely) compare to the lower frame rails and I think those alone should be able to support the empty shell.