HybridZ

diffrence in wieght between the gen III V8

i always though there was a huge diffrence but not that much thanks for that chart

i thought so too. here some other info that my help you choose which block to use. my car will have a turbo so it will get really hot. the iron blocks expand much less it seems.

331532583_aa236f1eae_o.jpg

331532584_c73d0863bd_o.jpg

hope im not posting them to big. these are all from my ls1/genIII V8 service manual.

Guest Crispy Chicken

Very nice!!! My pictures on page 3 of the thread below. Will confirm the genIII aluminum weight of 92lbs.. I haven't been able to get a iron block over to the scale yet. After picking them both up. I'd say your genIII service manual is on the money..

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115995&highlight=crispy+chicken

I just received an LS2/T56 combo via freight the other day. It was complete with all accessories, wiring, computer, mounts, shifter, a bunch of lines (for AC/steering, etc) and a wooden pallet that it was strapped down to. Total weight on the shipping bill was 787 pounds! A little more than I expected actually, but then I'm not certain how accurate the shipper's scale is.

I just received an LS2/T56 combo via freight the other day. It was complete with all accessories, wiring, computer, mounts, shifter, a bunch of lines (for AC/steering, etc) and a wooden pallet that it was strapped down to. Total weight on the shipping bill was 787 pounds! A little more than I expected actually, but then I'm not certain how accurate the shipper's scale is.
T56 equals super-crazy heavy.

Guest Crispy Chicken

I think everyone one is confused about how much a t-56 weights. I heard up to 160 + pounds haha. After picking mine up a few times. I'd say it weights some where around 105-115lbs. As soon as I get the chance, I will be weighing it..