HybridZ

Power Problem...

cpt jack

Well heres the deal... i get in my car after gettin 4 hrs later on x mas eve and get in my car and start her up and the volts show low like 13.... on the meter and the light comes on as well it was dimm then get brighter... as time went on i got to a all time low of 9 volts.... and i make it home thank god but my question is what the hell could it be i replaced the battery, and alternator, i did add fog lamps and i mounted them under the bumper and set them up but putting the pos to the pos bat. termanal and the ground to the chassis and it has a fuse as well... i checked my fusable links and they wernt hot or bert... any ideas? This car is my daily driver.....

i don't think the fog lights would draw more than it charges, my guess is your alternator has a problem. It should always re-charge once your driving, if it doesn't thats usually the problem. Since u replaced it, that makes me feel stronger that it's the problem.....just like everything else, they can be faulty.

i don't think the fog lights would draw more than it charges, my guess is your alternator has a problem. It should always re-charge once your driving, if it doesn't thats usually the problem. Since u replaced it, that makes me feel stronger that it's the problem.....just like everything else, they can be faulty.

Yea that sux ass man i just replaced the dam thing maybe 2 months ago... its weird 2 and tha thing is really hard to take out... oh well i guess ill be spending tha day takin that dam thing out....

Well, take it out and have it bench tested at the place where you bought it. I know that around me Auto-Zone and Advance Auto will bench test them up to the rated current.

Did you resistance-check the fusible links or just do a visual inspection? I would do an ohm-reading.

Good Luck,

Guest TeamNissan
Well, take it out and have it bench tested at the place where you bought it. I know that around me Auto-Zone and Advance Auto will bench test them up to the rated current.

Did you resistance-check the fusible links or just do a visual inspection? I would do an ohm-reading.

Good Luck,

I totaly agree, and when they bench test it and see its at fault I would hound them to fix it on the house.

Hahahah yea the alternator is a bitch to get ot off the z's dam PS and rad. hose.... and haveing a low low low car lol doenst help but yea do u guys think i should get a new starter as well? But i do believe my starter is good but i always hear once u get a new alt. u need a new starter....

Guest TeamNissan
Hahahah yea the alternator is a bitch to get ot off the z's dam PS and rad. hose.... and haveing a low low low car lol doenst help but yea do u guys think i should get a new starter as well? But i do believe my starter is good but i always hear once u get a new alt. u need a new starter....

If under 50k miles on the starter I would leave it alone. Just my .02 though its your money :-).

I got pissed and pulled it out and found out that tha alternator was DONEZO! lol it was pushin maybe a volt and the amps where real real real low.... so i had to get another one and now my volts are right at 15, before they where in the red in the volts meter....