HybridZ

Need help with toyota 4X4 caliper swap.

I am doing the basic swap, S12 calipers, new stock rotors and new ZX master. My question is the little metal clip things that come with the toyota caliper. I can't figure out how they go. Anybody got a pic of one assembled?

Thanks

Jeff

The pic of the red caliper is the one I have seen/worked with. My only complaint is getting the two pins out.. although a 4x4 sees a lot more 'crap' than a Z would, so I doubt they'd get gummed up and rusted as much. Are the differing spring/retainers year specific? Or is it just whatever they had at the time of production? (I know there are quite a few listings for EVERYTHIG toyota truck related, sometimes 2 or 3 ieven n one year/model!)

The idea behind the sheet metal stainless steel anti rattle kit is to minimize pad pushback... VVVVV

fullview.jpg

All of the other designs are earlier attempts at keeping the pads under slight tension to reduce noise and rattle... The problem is... they can increase the amount of pad pushback... This can reduce pedla feel and make the pedal seem loose on initial application...