HybridZ

LS2 first drive, minor issues.

Ok, the snow is gone and we took it out for some short spins around the block. Of course I have no tach, it is back at JCI. And my cableX speedo drive from Abbott enterprises is not making the speedo go. It works fine in test mode but doesn't seem to be picking up the VSS signal from the ECM. Minor issues. Also apparently I didn't clearance enough around the hot alternator connection because when I get on it a little, I lose all electrics. If I just drive it normally, all is fine. I was kind of prepared for this to happen. But it was still great to get it out and drive it a little and it does drive great.

Mike

The 1st test drive is always fun. You might want to reclock alternator to make more room for the power output wire. Try and pull your vss signal from the sensor and not the ecm output.

Mike

Mike-

good ideas. How did you re clock the alternator without screwing up the rear mount location?

Mike

Congrats!!!

I'm still having issues with my tach,It work's under normal driving but when I get on it it jumps all over the place....Like you I get no signal at all from the ecm...Keep it up your doing great!

Get us some videos...

Speedo issue solved, thanks to Mas280, and Abbott Enterprises. The Cable X box works great and was easy to calibrate. I placed it in the drivers side where the old Z computer used to reside. Its silent and not at all jumpy. Now, if I only had a tach.....