HybridZ

fuel flow issues

I have recently started working on my 77 280z and i am having trouble getting fuel to the engine. I had a faulty fuel pump which i replaced and the pump runs now, but it cannot draw any fuel. The line running from the gas tank to the fuel pump is not clogged. What could be stopping the fuel from reaching the pump? if anyone knows what could help please tell me. thanks.

Guest Jiggy_g

have you tried replacing the fuel filter? (cheap fix) or are you sure the problem lies in the fuel lines? A solution that you might want to try is draino pipe cleaner... that might clear it out. pour some in there, wait a short period and see if you can blow it out with the air compressor now. o and make sure you get all of the draino out before you start or drive the car

WHOAAAAA... No draincleaner please... If you want to get the job done right... take it to a shop that repairs radiators... they can clean out the lines, rinse the tank, and coat the inside with a rust inhibitor...

There have been problems with the 280Z tanks where hte fuel pickup breaks off inside the tank... Then the car won't run on less than half a tank...