HybridZ

Also car wont shut off with key?

big-phil

I got the car to itdle before the timming goes crazy. If I turn the key off the car stays running untill I pull the power from my switched 12+ power suply. The funny thing is I ran a test light to that power and it does turn off with the key. But the car stays running. When I disconect the swithched 12+ wire, the car shuts off?

If it will stay running smooth, and shut off with the key, I think I'll have it. Because it runs great for about 10-15 sec. then the timming starts missing.

I'm on my knees....HELP.

thank you:D

Well bump if nothing else.

I remember reading something with the alternator feeding back if a diode isn't wired into the circuit properly. Hopefully someone with a more complete understanding will chime in, otherwise a search should turn up this problem.

Since I AM NOT AT WORK, I got bored and did a search for you. cozy Cole posted something about what I was thinking

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113153&highlight=feedback

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113331&highlight=diode+running

When my megasquirt did this - there was a brake sensor relay thinger (bolted to the frame under the passenger seat) that was failed and was back feeding voltage (less than 9 volts) into the fuse panel into the megasquirt... it was enough juice to keep the megasquirt running.

The correct way to troubleshoot this is to isolate which fuse in your fuse panel the megasquirt is hooked up to and leave it there. Start pulling the other fuses hooked up to that same circuit. If you pull the fuse and the car keeps running - put the fuse back in and try the next one. If the car shuts off - there is something on that circuit that is back-feeding voltage to the megasquirt.