HybridZ

VG30DETT into datsun z kit

G.I.jonas

:shock: OMFG!!!!!! $2000 a fender,you can get nearly identicle fg flares that can be blended into the car for like $350(for all 4).Or order a vr engineering widebody kit thats like $1200.Man this guy is way to proud of his stuff,or just an outright ripoff,although i cant imagine hes ripping off too many people....WOW!!! Can you say freakin BS?????

P.S. whats his #,i think i would like to call and see what the hell is up with that,and maybe slur them a bit

number? you got it. it's... I can't get to my email right now. I'll post it around 2 oclock Hybrid Z time

I see you are familier with Mark Rolston's car... Pertty ain't it? You make a kit to put a vg30dett into a 240z and you'll get my business. I went to Mark's website and he said he had that dett putting out 700hp... I think that was him... my bad if it isn't. How much structural mods are going to be included in this kit?

Yeah, I know. thats why i put down "dett" and left it at that. I dont really know the difference between any of them anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Id like a kit too im considering the VG swap because the RB is pretty expensive and almost the same weight in the end . A VG30DETT is 420 lbs + 120 lbs for tranny i called my local JDM shop and i ask for the weight for shipment and they gave me those numbers . The best part is that the engine sits behind the shock tower and is heavy enought to prevent understeer not like the SR does .

Yes i meant that but the VG isnt much heavier then an RB26 and its behind the shock towers . Its just that the way I see it is that an SR is a nice powerplant but its really ligth wich is a good thing but a light front end on a Z causes understeer wich isnt cool in circuit racing ... Correct me if imn wrong im far from being an expert im just basing this on what i read around here .

I dont want to all out disagree with you but im pretty sure that as light as possible is the best almost always.Any problems caused by being "too light"should probably be remdied by suspension tuning or tire setup.I know that the engine is heavy but as we dicussed it sits really far back,not to mention i really like these motors.Even if the weight issue were enough to be a slight problem i would still go through with it as my car is not going to be anywhere but on the street.