HybridZ

280z vs 240z front offset

Ah i see. Do you know if they are 10mm inwards towards the body or outwards towards the fender? I was assuming that the 280z hubs were the same for wheel mounting but offset the brake disc differently. Thanks for the heads up! It would be nice to gain some wheel clearance, so I am hoping...

I think the wheel offset is the same... It is the backside offset of the brake-disc hat that must change... The 240Z and 280Z front discs are different part numbers...yes?

The 280Z hubs are considerably THICKER than the 240Z hubs.. otherwise the wheel face mounts in the exact same position...

I don't think they're 10mm thicker. I've got some 240 and 280 hubs out in the garage. Maybe I'll head out there in a bit and compare the two. I know the backside where the rotor bolts up is different, so that alone makes them unswappable due to caliper/rotor offset differences.

John is correct, the difference is in the thickness of the flange, so it's a rotor offset thing not a wheel offset thing. The part that threw me off is that the protruding flange where the wheel bolts on is the same thickness but not scalloped on the 280Z hub. Then further back it tapers away from the hub and gets smaller, and that smaller diameter area is the part where the flange is thicker.