HybridZ

Naval Jelly - Rust Remover

Careless

ok this is getting rediculous.

this product is all over the internet, yet NO ONE knows where to buy this stuff, and the "professional" 16 year olds and retired grand-mothers at Home Depot NEVER assist me in finding what I need.

what's even better is that I talked to the store manager and asked him if he carries Phosphoric Acid, or a product containing it. and he said "No, we don't carry hazardous stuff"

Excuse me? Two young men just died over the New Year celebration because they had been transporting Fruit Punch in some washer fluid containers that they had previously scrubbed and washed, and this guy is telling me he doesnt sell hazardous chemicals?

So now, I ask of all the bright individuals (or those of you that are joined at the head and share brains with someone else)... WHERE DO I FIND THIS STUFF IN TORONTO, OR CANADA. WHICH OUTLET CARRIES THIS PRODUCT

PLEASE

007934080277.jpg

Before anyone offers to send some of this to him, please be sure you find a company willing to ship it. If you fail to inform the shipper of the box contents, you could find yourself liable for very expensive damages should something go wrong.

Can't get diluted Phosphoric Acid in Canada? That is what the active ingredient in Naval Jelly is....and it's why Coke disolves rust as well as it does.

Deluging your car in Coke isn't a good idea, though!

thanks for the replies ppl.

I bought the BAER concrete etcher, and it contains more phosphoric acid than naval jelly does. however, it doesn't stick to the surface, it's just a liquid. naval jelly is, well.... a jelly, so it works better for vertical applications, and stays on any surface a lot longer.

I think i'll try Canadian Tire.

I would use OSPHO but it's not a jelly either.

You know, you can drive the one hour to Buffalo and pick it up there, as well.

Normally, I'm in Buffalo for training this month... I could bring a case in the trunk over and would meet you somewhere on the QEW where we would illicitly exchange US Naval Jelly for Canadian Coffee Crisps...

I thought my last case would last longer than it did. Same for the Nestle Kit Kats as well... Damn, next time I'm picking up TWO cases of each at the Costco off exit 41... LOL

Alas, I'm not scheduled for training this month. Probably going to be in Shanghai instead.

BTW, The Naval Jelly is usually in the "Paint Section" at HD and Lowes by my house. It is a Loctite Product, most industrial hardware stores will have this, Motion Industries usually is a vendor for Loctite/Permatex products. Kaman Industrial is another. Sorry, not a lot of exposure in that area to the stores... other than Costco, for the all-important Coffee Crisps.

Did I mention I like Coffee Crisps?