HybridZ

Car stalls after throttle rev

kvansic162

Just got my Z to run on MS. I'm using MSI-3.0. Car idles great andstillworking on the fuel enrichments, What would cause the engine to stall after reving or driving. I have to feather thetrottle to keep it from stalling. My Z is N/A . I have a cam but it is not to radical and it worked fine with the stock set up.

I agree witn z-ya about the fuel and enrichments. You may try turning off the enrichments while you are tuning - just don't mash the throttle.

Being one who has experienced the gambit of timing troubles - please elaborate on your spark setup. If you are running MS&Spark - check to make sure your spark matches your spark map (with a timing light).

It sure sounds like a fuel problem... give us some more info.

For spark I am using a 79 280 zx distrib. and an Hi-6 system. I weld the mechanical advance slotsto take 10 degress out because I have 10:1 comp pistons.I didn't want to get into Direct ignition. Fuel Only. A freind and I tried all day doing adjustments,I used the Jeff's map intially and made adjustments from that. Do I need to used an IAC. I didn't needone before, of couse it had a AFM with the stock set up.I have the car timed at 15' BTC.I have always ran it at that. What else do you need to know?

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed my stalling problem. I uninstalled the 2.25 megatune program from my lap top. I started to reinstall the mega tune 2.25 setup. A screen pops up during installation :

Select Coponents

Which components should be installed?

Map Sensor files

MPX4250/Turbo MAP Sensor(all MS-1 v2.2 hardware)Ihave a MS1-3.0

MPX4115/NA Map sensor

GM 2.0 BAR MAP Sensor

When I first installed the program I just clicked next and did pay attention that the turbo map sensor was checked

When I reinstalled it the second time I unchecked the Turbo MAO selection and picked GM 2.0 BAR MAP Sensor.

Since then it does not stall any more. I guess the program was setting the map values for turbo vacume and because a non turbo car such as mine of course doesn't produce the vacume like a turbo manifold. At any rate if it works ....it works.

Thanks Nismo280zed. I took alot of step by step pictures....when I get time I will post them. It seems there are alot of N/A Z owners who could use a little help with installs. Of course I'm no expert by any means.... I just use common sense with alot of the install....Now I have to tune the car in, fun part. I have a friend that seems to have crasped the tunning part a little bit better than me. So We will be heading down the highway with the lap top real soon. Thanks

I thought the MPX4115 was on the V3 boards. Maybe you will want to check the barometric pressure with your location...

Only the earliest Megasquirts came with the MPX4115 standard, back in the days of group buys. It's possible, but unlikely, that some distributor out there is selling Megasquirts with this sensor.

I don't know where you got that Megasquirt, and some of the installs out there do use GM MAP sensors, but all of our V2.2 and V3.0 Megasquirts use the MPX4250 sensors except for ones special ordered with 4 bar sensors. The 2.5 bar sensor works pretty well on both NA and turbo motors - and we have had some people use the 4 bar on NA motors without any trouble.

If your Megasquirt does in fact have a 2.5 bar MAP sensor and telling it you had a 2 bar got it running better, I suspect it was running too lean.

I bought my MS1 3.0 from DIY autotune.com before December 2006, pre assembled . I have tried everything with the fuel and it wont stall with MPX4115 n/a setting, it will with theMPX 4250 turbo setting.The wideband is telling me the car is running 13:1 and even sometimes 11:1 under load. My barometric setting is off. I'm using the map from Jeff's N/A.