HybridZ

Installation Help for Brake Proportioning Valve and Hydraulic Parking Line Lock

Hi All,

Any installation location, instructions, tips, or hints would be a huge help. I've got the Arizona brake kit installed and i just need to install the Brake Proportioning Valve and the Hydraulic Line Lock for the parking brake. I'm a bit hesitant about cutting the brake line in the driveline tunnel. Has anyone connected the valve and line lock into the brake line in the engine bay and run lines through the firewall and mount the parts under the dash?

Thanks all for your help, advice and experience in advance.

Well, if you do a search on the subject you will find at least a half dozen members who have damaged their cars trying to use a line lock as a parking brake.

It is a pretty good anti-theft device, or good for doing rear wheel burnouts, but as for a parking brake just say no.

The proportioning valve can be mounted in the engine bay since once it is set, you shouldn't have to keep readjusting it.

i have a proportioning valve on my z. i have wilwoods on all 4 corners of the z. since i went with wilwoods on the rear i got the front and rear for a really good price so i went with it, i could no longer use my parking brake. i plan in the future to fab up a parking brake mechanism(reasearching) the other option is line lock but from what i read the line lock will fade out over time bc its hydrolic and what not. by that i mean people have had where the line lock fails when its needed. anway the place where i put my proportiong valve was the stock place where the parking brake handle. i just made a bracket to mount the stock holes. its kinda funny bc i have the handle boot on the valve it kinda hides it and keeps u from seeing the tunned >_< i believe thats also where or close to the az car is. just my .02 cents