HybridZ

4.11 differential

vissan260z

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a 4.11 differential from EBAY for $420 for my 260z. I'm not exactly sure what year it came off Nissan 200sx. but I think 4.11 only came in 200sxt turbo.

Is this a reasonable price?...Another question is speedometer? Can I use a speedometer cable from (75-83 280zx) R200 diff i can pick up at local junkyard? I know that i have to change the pinion gears and possibly the sleeves also....I really need help...please don't slam me with your remarks..I'm just a newbie and very excited about working on my datsun..

thanks,

Vissan

The speedo cable attaches to the transmission. As long as you're not changing the transmission, you don't need to do anything with the cable. You will need the correct pinion gear as you stated to get the speedo to read right. You can get the pinion from Nissan.

$420 is expensive in my opinion. I would expect that you should pay between $150 and $250 for a diff in good condition. Is this the R180 or R200 diff that you're buying? 200SX's came with both. If you're changing from R180 to R200 you'll need some additional pieces, mustache bar and such. The list of what is needed is in this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114798

hey guys,

thanks for the inputs! I guess you guys are right its little too expensive.

I did saw an R200 with a 3.9 gears a week ago at a J/Y but it has 230K on the motor so decided not to take it. I'll be visiting local J/Y again this weekend so hopefully there'll be another one...once again thanks..

• 2 months later...