HybridZ

A little Megasquirt tunning, rain and ice so not much street tunning.

big-phil

I went to Chris's house (chris240zturbo) Saterday to tune, but with the rain, and ice we could not do alot of street in boost tunning. I had to spend the night! So we just did some basic stuff, adjusted valves. I had the Pinks car fuel, and spark map in. Man it was off the scale rich......enjoy.

And you haven't? :wink: I did about 50 miles with no hands once...but it WAS dry at 75mph...and not rainy, icy, and cold.

I steer with all kinds of stuff...

On a semi related to the original topic note: it seems my #6 spark plug was completely fouled out to the point where it wouldn't fire that cylinder at all, so I'll try changing them all out and seeing if I can't get my MS running right again. (It gave up during the first attempted fuel injected burnout, been running like crap ever since)

I steer with all kinds of stuff...

On a semi related to the original topic note: it seems my #6 spark plug was completely fouled out to the point where it wouldn't fire that cylinder at all, so I'll try changing them all out and seeing if I can't get my MS running right again. (It gave up during the first attempted fuel injected burnout, been running like crap ever since)

If they get "gas" fouled they will never spark right again. I would either change them all, or take them out and dry them, wire brush them, maby even burn them with a lighter, then wire brush them. That might do the trick to get them working ok-ish.

You and your burn-outs!! did you see this video?? I do some big tire poping burnouts on the bike!!

Yeah I just ordered some new plugs, they should be here in a bit. I like how that video starts: "I'm gonna talk, and you run the bike up like Nananananana nan annanan!"

You know my motto Phil, if the tires ain't smokin, it ain't runnin right! And right now, it ain't runnin right...

To put some perspective on this video, Saturday was easily the nastiest day we've had this winter, and we didn't get nearly as much done as we wanted, it was very cold, even with the 45k btu heater you can hear in the background, more or less we've got the car set up where it will start and warmup without fouling the plugs or having to keep your foot on the gas, we also leaned the map out a bunch, and got rid of some weird bumps, at least on the fuel map we started with, and spent some time with the acceleration enrichment, as it was kind of obvious the "pinks" map we started with was a max power kind of a tune with little regard to driveability, and the timing map was pretty aggressive for a street motor, so we've got the fuel and timing maps all smoothed out, the car idles nice, revs well, and is set for the next round of tuning, and we'll certainly utilize the datalogging features of the MS ecu. AFR's are way conservative as we didn't have more than 3 or 4 trips around the "hood" before the sleet shut us down. But now at least we're sure the thing isn't dangerously lean, or so rich you'd need a glovebox full of sparkplugs to keep it running...

I am also pretty impressed with the megasquirt ecu, especially for a DIY kind of set up, loads of well thought out features that I'm sure we'll use eventually. I look for this car to make some real power, with a $100 junkyard shortblock.

supposed to be in the low 50's Wednesday Big Phil, game?

To put some perspective on this video, Saturday was easily the nastiest day we've had this winter, and we didn't get nearly as much done as we wanted, it was very cold, even with the 45k btu heater you can hear in the background, more or less we've got the car set up where it will start and warmup without fouling the plugs or having to keep your foot on the gas, we also leaned the map out a bunch, and got rid of some weird bumps, at least on the fuel map we started with, and spent some time with the acceleration enrichment, as it was kind of obvious the "pinks" map we started with was a max power kind of a tune with little regard to driveability, and the timing map was pretty aggressive for a street motor, so we've got the fuel and timing maps all smoothed out, the car idles nice, revs well, and is set for the next round of tuning, and we'll certainly utilize the datalogging features of the MS ecu. AFR's are way conservative as we didn't have more than 3 or 4 trips around the "hood" before the sleet shut us down. But now at least we're sure the thing isn't dangerously lean, or so rich you'd need a glovebox full of sparkplugs to keep it running...

I am also pretty impressed with the megasquirt ecu, especially for a DIY kind of set up, loads of well thought out features that I'm sure we'll use eventually. I look for this car to make some real power, with a $100 junkyard shortblock.

supposed to be in the low 50's Wednesday Big Phil, game?

Yes wednesday sounds good to me, as long as I don't have to work.

Well, the plugs didn't really help, whatever is wrong is still there...It starts up a bit easier, but it doesn't run any smoother and it breaks up past 2k rpms or so...Up to now I've been borrowing a cable from a buddy but I guess it's time to break down and get serious with straightening out my fuel maps.