HybridZ

warning about classifieds megasquirt add

datman

Hey Phil

Yeah me too, it drives me mad trying to get through to paypal. I am really worried though. I have had dealings with paypal before and I doubt I will see my $400 again. Pissed is not the word!!

Maybe others have been caught out by this

Did you talk with him before sending the money, or did the add list an email to just paypal the money to? It has come up before but once in a while people have emergencies and don't get back to email for a few days. We can hope for the best. It looks like that account has been a member here since 2003 from that link that was posted, doesn't seem like he would be a scammer??

Yeah I had quite a few emails with him and this is why it seems a little strange, I mean a megasquirt is not your everyday con mans ideal selling item. Seemed very genuine which is why I went ahead with the deal. It was after no contact since payment was made for 3 days that I entered his name into google to see if his address was real and to see if he had a phone number I could call him on.

I hope there is a good explanation for the lack of contact.

The bad trader web page just made me feel very uneasy about the deal which is why I asked paypal to try and stop the payment, and give others a heads up to a possible problem.

I was hoping that maybe someone on here could give a good reference in past dealings.

Fingers crosssed

paypalsucks.com, they have the phone number listd there

1-888-221-1161

I still had it in my phone from a dispute I had about a year ago, I saved the number and whenever i got 10 minutes, I'd call them, they heard from me multiple times per day every day till the issue was resolved, took a few days

Yeah I called them and they said, sorry we can't refund you but we can freeze the account. Then they told me to wait a few weeks to see if it turns up!!! errr so he is going to send it to me without getting his money? I don't think so. I've still had no contact so I had to escalate it to a claim. They now have a given time to respond, if they don't I will get my money, I hope.

I will feel really bad if this guy has had an accident or something but I don't think I am being out of order here.

DATMAN... You'reperfectly within your rights. Even if the guy did have an accident, if he's an upstanding guy, he'll understand why you went this route to protect yourself.

All sorted, The guy had gone on holiday for a few days, I had an email from his mother explaing about the bad traders list and how his name was listed 7 yrs ago. He totally understood why I cancelled the payment.

Looking forward to gettin gmy hands on the MSquirt.

Thanks for the paypal numbers guys.