HybridZ

smoke color

rdsk8ter

• Administrators

The only smoke color that looks good on performance vehicles, (in my not so humble opinion), is white smoke with a slight blue tint. Depending on how low the sun is setting in the sky, it can take on a bronzeish hue …

Oh.. You meant for painting your ZX, not just showing off "smoke" for the neighbors.. …. :lmao:

:burnout:

7Small.jpg

3Small.jpg

Burn2Medium.jpg

BURNOUTLarge.jpg

what color is this z can i get a better pic? i actually really like it.......

The only smoke color that looks good on performance vehicles, (in my not so humble opinion), is white smoke with a slight blue tint. Depending on how low the sun is setting in the sky, it can take on a bronzeish hue …

Oh.. You meant for painting your ZX, not just showing off "smoke" for the neighbors.. …. :lmao:

7Small.jpg

3Small.jpg

Burn2Medium.jpg

BURNOUTLarge.jpg

• Administrators

That '77 280-Z is just plain black, original paint, shiny in some spots, not in others. Nothing special, other than the Mopar 440 Big Block under the hood.

The Q-45 in those pics is also just plain Black, or should I say “was”!?!?!?

(Ron Tyler gets credit for the photography of the burnouts…)

Z2Medium.jpg

Z1Medium.jpg

Z3Medium.jpg

HTH…

Paul

• Administrators
Ah! curse you Oregonites and your cars that can smoke the tires!

V,

C'mon man... I did it with a whimpy little 4 banger....

M3_Foggy.jpg

M3Foggy3.jpg

Heck, even this grocery getter can do it....

FoggyVan.jpg

• Administrators

Come on Veritech, even our Motorhome produced a foggy!!! (And that is real smoke on asphalt, not photo-shopped… Ron Tyler behind the shutter, yours truly at the helm)

Veritech, I tell you what. If you bring your Z to northwest Oregon and leave it with us for a few months, I personally guarantee your Z will perform a foggy burnout for a photo shoot worthy of posting on Hybrid-Z after we wave our magic wand under the hood…

(Sorry for thread Jacking. Pretty much any thread with the word “smoke” in the subject is fair game :wink: …)

FOg3Small.jpg

Fog5Small.jpg

I am guessing you used bleach there BRAAP. :-D

I've lit up my 265/75r15ers on my frontier that has 175hp...I even did a bit of a drift on a roundabout... :-D

I need the Z to be running so I don't hurt the truck that is NOT paid for yet...

and BRAAP...you needed about another 2.5" of tire height on that 440 Z... Doing burnouts on doughnuts doesn't count...:wink: get some 26"ers like me for Fuzzy! :-D

• Administrators
I am guessing you used bleach there BRAAP. :-D

For the record, no bleach or Photoshop was ever used in any of our posted pics. (save for color/contrast/croppping).

Closest thing was this pic... in which a bit (ok, a LOT) of soap was used :-)

CelebrityFoggy.jpg