HybridZ

Ash Tray - 280Z 1978

i have a 77 and it is an ash tray that goes there. it is nice to have. i keep extra stuff in there. all the early zs have the ash tray in the same spot. the only difference in the early zs center console is the choke lever and some different lights below the radio.

my 71 has the ashtray at the end of the console between the shifter and the fuse box, actually kinda covers the fuse box, my 78 has the ash tray behind the shifter next to the brake handle, with a sliding lid, the fronts of the consoles and the location of the ashtry changed at some point between 71 and 78, at least once

Well, my 75 has the ash tray behind the shifter, beside the e-brake. As a side note, my 280 WAS an FI car, and I changed over to 72 SU's. I thought that would cause a problem, but low and behold.. there was a 'knock out' beside the ashtray that the choke lever fits through!

oh thets a great idea. i never thought about putting the proportioning valve there. i have thought about right where the parking brake is right now. thanks for the alternative placement idea. i use the ash tray for nothing but extra stuff. i bought the armrest that has the extra cup holders. oh man that was so worth buying. i got the carbon fiber one and its worth the extra 10 or 20 bucks.

oh man all kinds of cool anti theft stuff. great ideas!!! i was thinking... if and when i go out and buy the arizona z car wilwood brakes there is going to be a line lock for the back and no parking break. i would love to see some random person try to take my car and they just cant go anywhere cuz they cant figure out how to unlock the rear tires. *followed by hysterical laughing and rolling around on the ground*