HybridZ

Paint Pricing?

ZDreamin72

Alright guys, i have original paint, no bonda work at all, couple dents here and there, the usual roof dents that plague zs door dings, minimal rust, very minimal, and windows are already pulled out.

What is a reasonable paint quote i am to expect to get for painting the car, zcar orange again, this time with a clear coat to make her look shiny...expecting to go with a two stage paint, paossibly a three stage but probably not.

I went to a body shop nearby body shop, they said that a two stage with them doing inside and out, removing everything but the engine, i would have to do it myself, stripping the car down to the metal and then fixing blemishes from that point and then paint; their quote was $9,000 for a "show quality" job. Now i feel that to be somewhat reasonable, but not the job i was lookin for, maybe another day when i have that much cash to squander.

What would i expect to pay for a nice job; no orange peel lookin paint, probably color sanded, and clear coated, probably two or three times?

just checkin with what you guys have experienced; could you possibly post pics of your cars painted as well with you quotes so i can get a better idea?

Guest Death69

id say try and do it yourself. Its not hard, youd have to see if you could use the paint shops booth either before or after they open if you dont have room. or atleast thats what i did because i was also tight on money

over $4,500 for a good looking paint job If you do it your self epoxy primer$200 bucks NCP surfacer around $250 Paint around $240 a gallon PPG paint plus hardner $49 PPG speed clear $161.57 reducers$35.00. For paint alone like me i got PPG white paint i spent 799.39..2 stage. Plus $600 to have it painted.

Plus other sanding materials,guns.If you have the time do it your self.

I while back i went to a body shop in monrovia,CA they do good jobs i seen alot of mustangs and classic cars. So there work is good I went and ask how much the average paint job was and she said"Prices start at $5,000". They were working on a mustang fastback $10,000 on bodywork.

Alright guys, i have original paint, no bonda work at all, couple dents here and there, the usual roof dents that plague zs door dings, minimal rust, very minimal, and windows are already pulled out.

What is a reasonable paint quote i am to expect to get for painting the car, zcar orange again, this time with a clear coat to make her look shiny...expecting to go with a two stage paint, paossibly a three stage but probably not.

I went to a body shop nearby body shop, they said that a two stage with them doing inside and out, removing everything but the engine, i would have to do it myself, stripping the car down to the metal and then fixing blemishes from that point and then paint; their quote was $9,000 for a "show quality" job. Now i feel that to be somewhat reasonable, but not the job i was lookin for, maybe another day when i have that much cash to squander.

What would i expect to pay for a nice job; no orange peel lookin paint, probably color sanded, and clear coated, probably two or three times?

just checkin with what you guys have experienced; could you possibly post pics of your cars painted as well with you quotes so i can get a better idea?

My buddy in san bernardino can do your car for 2-3k or so. Thats body work, primer, paint and color sanding and buff. It would be done with dupont chroma base and clear. He does this for a living and does side jobs. Im thinking he would need your car for 3 weeks or so and you would have to bring it to him stripped. Pm me if you want more info.

If you are looking for an economy job something like Macco will give you a decent job for a decent price. Now when you start looking at the other options like painting yourself, if you have the equipment, booth and some experience, then you'll save the most. But, in any event it is not cheap! I had a one off color mixed for me, and for the 1 gallon of color, using the existing primer as the base color, with the hardner and clear, it was $1,100 per gallon! Granted you won't need much more than that to shoot your car (as this is a candy color). Just remember, it's not the paint that makes the car, but 90% is in the prep work. The best paint cannot take care of poor preparation. Thats a fact. So handle your body first, and when its straight, really straight then shoot it. Ask RacerX about paint work. Between he and I we have both probably shot well over 35 custom/show cars! Good luck on your project.

I have three quotes now for a good paint job but not necessarily show quality. Car delivered to them with no noted blimishes. Wet sanding, buffing included. delivered with no notable defects. No clear.

3200.00, 3700.00, 3800.00

Im not painting this car myself, period. I have enough blood on it as it is. Yep....still shoping around. Getting close now.

good paint jobs start at $3500 for for what your wanting. but remember you get what you pay for unless the person quoting you is just plain greedy then you will get quotes around 9k-10k. I mean look around, a full restoed z averages around 15k. unless its a full resto with a rb26 and a ton of other mods then it might bring 20k. i paid $5800 and thats with a lifetime warranty on paint and body work. but as we all know everything in cali is way more expensive than everywhere else.