HybridZ

Power wires on haltech loom Qs

I was wondering if I could get some advise on wiring up my haltech? This sound really stupid but its my first time doing this, well the Q is: the wire loom has signal wires going to the injectos and the coil packs in groups, the groups only containing one power wire. All the injectors and coil pack obviously need power from the one lead in each group. Should I pig tail after pig tail to connect them all or is there a better or more proper way of splicing the power wires to the proper locations? I want this to look really clean so I didnt think a bunch of butt splices was the way to go. Tnx for you time.

I was wondering if I could get some advise on wiring up my haltech? This sound really stupid but its my first time doing this, well the Q is: the wire loom has signal wires going to the injectos and the coil packs in groups, the groups only containing one power wire. All the injectors and coil pack obviously need power from the one lead in each group. Should I pig tail after pig tail to connect them all or is there a better or more proper way of splicing the power wires to the proper locations? I want this to look really clean so I didnt think a bunch of butt splices was the way to go. Tnx for you time.

go to an electronics surplus store and buy a 6 pin Molex Adapter

it's the same plug used in computers to connect the harddrive to the powersupply of your computer, only it's 3 over 3 instead of a flat 4 pin.

alternatively, and what I've come to find as a good replacement for wires that could be disconnected, or units that fail independantly, and as well for diagnosing purposes... is to find a autoparts store that has a clearance on Towing wire harnesses for certain cars.

Alot of the pathfinder and GM harnesses have weatherpack connectors with removable pins on both sides. YOu'd have to keep a bit of the wire exposed, because they are crimped onto each pigtail, but it's a really good way of making sure it's sealed from the elements.