HybridZ

16X8 with a +04 offset, will they fit?? HELP PLEASE

my car is a 1975 280Z with tokiko springs and shocks. i have finally saved up enough to buy some rims. will 16X8 with a +04 offset fit?? or do i need spacers? also how big of spacers? PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY ON SOMETHING STUPID. i have used this offset calculator but don't know what it all means http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html . I hear 0 is the way to go but can't find any rims affordable with a 0. 16X8 in a +04 offset is the closest i can find for the size i want. thanks for all the help.

+04 should fit with no spacers but the tire will be very close to springs/shock.

Check this thread out. 16x8 +10 which means it is 6mm closer to the spring/shock then your 16x8 +4 wheels. They said it cleared with 5mm spacers. So that 16x8 +10 wheel with 5mm spacers makes it a 16x8 +5. Your 16x8 +4 should clear.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=659290&postcount=5

That's my car in the thread linked above. +04 will be very close, but should clear the stock spring perch. I don't think that backspacing can be precisely calculated from offset, so you might wind up with a very tight fit or have to run small spacers.

Please post again to update when you get the wheels. I'm thinking of picking up a set so I have one for street and one for track days.

i will post an update on my car i'll try and have before and after pics of everything. thanks for the help. i am really pysched out about everything thats coming in (MSA type 3 body kit). not to mention the rims to top everything off. Now all I need are Fender mirrors and my body will never be touched again until i do the ZG flares sometime in the future. thanks again for everyones help.

• 3 months later...