HybridZ

Error code- bank #2 too lean.

m1noel

I hooked up my new predator today and it says my #2 bank is running too lean.. How do I fix this? I have to have my ECM reflashed so that I can use the predator but what would cause a lean condition on one bank, and I assume this means one side of the injectors?

Mike

Mike,

The first thing you should check is the O2 sensor. Try to swap the O2 sensors from one side to the other and see your problem moves. I had this problem with my LS1 swap but it was a different problem. I had to rewire my wiring harness at the PCM and I crossed the wires control the coils on the passenger side bank. The result was that bank was spitting raw fuel down the exhaust manifold and caused huge back fires. Good luck

Vinh

look for a vacuem leak-if you have some kind of scanner where you can monitor short term fuel trim if you squirt carb cleaner around possable leaking spots you will see the stft pid change when you find the leak.obd2 will pic up a .040" vacuem leak.just a small thing like a hose clamp loose at the maf will pop a code.

look for a vacuem leak-if you have some kind of scanner where you can monitor short term fuel trim if you squirt carb cleaner around possable leaking spots you will see the stft pid change when you find the leak.obd2 will pic up a .040" vacuem leak.just a small thing like a hose clamp loose at the maf will pop a code.

Yeah I agree. Don't get so caught up in all the computer diagnosis and sensor stuff that you forget to take care of basic automotive mechanics. Vacuum leaks, dirty air filters, clogged fuel filter, loose connectors, old plugs. Check the basics first.

lean and rich readings come from o2 sensors. your problem is the o2 sensor unless your car has a ruff idle then its somthing with timing like a coil ,spark plug,or injector. but then it would show a code for (cylinder misfire). also if the code pops up as sone as you turn on the key after reseting the ecu then it could be a wiring problem. o2 sensors usually don't throw out codes untill after the engine has been running for a minute or two.hth! oh and bank #2 is on the opposit side of the engine from cylinder #1.