HybridZ

Aircraft Guys....My company is on a hiring spree.

Airjockie

http://www.sikorskycareers.com/joblist.asp

Apply if your able to do any of those jobs.. I get nothing from this except if I have another car buddy to hang with if they get hired in my area. Bennies included are listed..... free college, matched 401K, and full medical. If I was younger and I got hired, my life would be different... but the past is the past, and I got hired late... But I love the place, and I reep from the bennies...except college...I'm too lazy to finish my degree because I got two Z's and an old house I'm trying to rebuild. Maybe someday...

I have been watching you guys.

I work for the "other" guys.

I read that Sikorsky was opening an engineering office in Ft. Worth TX.

Made the "other" guy kinda upset. I think it is awesome. Competition drives the wage up especially when they are across the street from each other.

Im very glad to hear about the new openings. Sikorsky is due.

Thanks for the link. Mabie we will see each other soon.;)

I'm not too far from you. But I don't really see anything that fits me well enough to pursue. I'm a Mech Engineer with tons of experience in project management and automation machinery and packaging design. If you ever want to talk Z we could arrange a car cruise/meet. I'm over in Putnam County, NY. Less than 1.5 hours away.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, a friend of mine just told me he was going to apply to Sikorsky when I remembered that you had posted here about it. Would it be beneficial if he were to send you his resume so that you could hand it to the proper person?

He is a college friend of mine. He is an EE and was looking at the instrumentation engineer position.

He also lives in CT and yes, he is a huge car buff and helped me wire my turbo swap.

PM sent

-Dave

Dave,

I'm just an employee working there as an hourly mech, for your buddy with the college degree's and EE...or anything elso...I really can't help land him the job, but he can use my name for a referance...My first name is Clayton, and the last name is pace. I wish he found out about this 3 months ago when they were having a mad hiring spree for engineers...I could have made $3000 if he was hired...but now it's just a straight hireing spree for everyone.

Everyone else,

I was looking at the companies intranet, and my old boss is hiring a few people that will be making a very decent pay, just putting parts on the airframe, and safetying them. Those jobs aren't listed yet to the public, but I do know they are looking for 7 people to just do simple installs, no A&P license required.....and if your wanting to do something like that, and work there for 2 years or so, then you can be qualified to get the A&P license and make the same money I presently make...and I averaged over the last 4 years in the 80Ks...next year I'm shooting for 110Ks...but I plan to suck up OT as much as possible...so far to this date, I'm sitting at 14.8ks for this year. Good money, and the best bennies in any company in the states. More jobs are being posted every day, in different areas of the country...but mostly CT and FL.....

my last five years...summery...I moved from a $10 job in FL for this job, I only had a worn out CRX and rented a house for a while, and now I have a house in the area of $200Ks, 2 high performance Z's, the old CRX is almost boosted, a subaru legacy for a daily driver, and I'm about to go to school for flight again, and I'll be making $28 an hour next week....and a collection of wheels and tires to make a race team cream.....I wish anyone that is younger than me could snag this oppertunity and hang it for what it's worth...I'm enjoying the ride...but I'm capable of more...but I'm happy for now. But I did apply for a job as a regional manager in Japan, but I lacked the college for that job....everything else I had.:(

watch the next few days on that job post link, I'm sure something that someone cando, as they are in a boring job, something that they might qaulify for, might come up...and don't be discouraged if your nat fully qaulified for the job, if it something that you think you can do...then post for it....they came for me since I had a fresh A&P license, but I also had a few years of military and private aircraft experiance...but I've also had Delta Fed-Ex me applications...while Fed-Ex just USPS'ed me their apps....:icon44:

And there will be an opening for someone to come to work, walk around the hanger, check all the power equipment for flat tires, oil levels, make sure that they start the first time, and safety wise...then jump on a motorized floor sweeper and sweep up the hanger, then check all the oil servicing carts for fluid levels, operate a forklift and move some things...and collect a decent pay that would be in the 45-58K's a year.....

Clayton - Are they looking for overseas positions also or just production? I'm an AME (Canadian version of A&P with IA), 4 years university, 2 year aviation college degree. 13 years licenced, some time on S58T, S61 and S76 A++ and C+. If Sikorsky would sell Seahawks to the offshore oil industry, I'd have time on those also....

I guess this is their solution for dropping quality and production delays. Good on you for getting in there.

Cheers

Doug

sounds cool...I do know we have a contract to make the Canadians a lot of MH-92, right now they are developing the folding, 5 bladed head, and stawable tail....so there may be something for you. Just see how or what you have to do to attain employment in the states, then apply anyways for the positions of service mech B, or A. When you see them pop up on that page.

Hey Doug! Maybe we could 'sell' ourselvs as a package deal from Canada?!? I'm about 2 weeks from finishing 3rd level Machinest, and have more than enough hours loged to write the Certificate exam.. I don't know how that translates to the States though.. Meh, just a long shot at this point, and I'm probly not expirianced enough for them anyway. I'm reasonably sure my job is secure here for a few years (for now), but it's good to see some companies actually hiring nowadays.. up here the manufacturing/trades are on the downswing and jobs are dissapearing..