HybridZ

Anybody on here play Forza?

wheelman

My son finally talked me into getting xbox live set up so we can play Forza together. Wondering if anyone here plays it and if you have an xbox live account? I haven't got my account set up yet so don't have a Gamer ID but as soon as I do I'll post it here.

Any of you who have played Forza, what do think of the simulation? I find it pretty accurate and am a little curious about how the suspension adjustments in the game relate to real world.

Wheelman

I recently have been playing it quite a bit. I love the fact that they included at least one old Z. I think the tuning part is the part that makes the game so awesome. You might want to check out http://www.forzacentral.com for different settings and other tuning options. I dont have XBL, but I do have XBC if you want to work something out sometime.(Just PM)

Im going to post a video of me drifting around in a 240z later on today, or tommorow, so I'll post a link in here.

Guest TeamNissan

Forza is fun but I'm Gran Turismo 100% lol.

You cant relate ANY in game stats to the real world because programers design their own "real world" peramiters for the game. Thats why in gt3 you could make the pikes peak fly or do 400mph. They set drag, gravity etc at w/e best suites the game, not to copy the real world.

Alexideways,

I know what you mean about trying to use the hand control after having driven with a steering wheel, just not natural.

TeamNissan,

I was wondering more about the relative values for each suspension setting as they relate to each other on a given car not to reality.

Example: I set up the 240ZX(?) in what we call the west coast setup (stiff rear soft front) and it drives totally different from the east coast setup (soft rear, stiff front). In another thread I asked about this and one of the suspension gurus stated that the east coast setup was more effective when driven slow in and fast out with the west coast being just the opposite. When I tested this in Forza thats pretty much what I found.

So I started experimenting with other cars and found the same basic behavior.

Just got me thinking about how much can be learned from these games. They are simulators with a given level of accuracy and making macro adjustments in the game might give a person an insight into making similar changes in a real world car. Obviously nothing relates directly but the basic concepts seem to follow.

Wheelman

Well, it does show you differences way quicker than if you had to go under the car and turn those spring perches 1/4 turn, just to see if it's better.

It's not dead accurate but, it gives you a good idea about the physics involved and let you experiment and learn without having to buy expensive components.

Guest Death69

yea im waiting for forza 2 to come out. i play Gears of War, Need for Speed MW and Carbon, and pgr3 alot. ive had xbox live since day 2 and my 360 since day 1. anyone who wants to play me some tome can add me if they want. my gamertag is the same ass my account name

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I now advertise for HybridZ with my car on Xbox Live!

In Forza 2 you can completely modify the look of your car in thousands of ways....it actually makes for a great way to see what you like and don't like the look of on your Z. Find me online under JANKYVICTOR.

I play Forza 1. I don't have an xbox 360, so I don't have Forza 2, even though it came out a few days ago. Can't wait to be able to play it, even though I'm a bit disappointed with their car list. they got rid of the fairlady!! :(

my live account is mason43. if anyone wants to do a hybridZ night on Live, I'm game.

• 1 month later...

i just completed a BRE clone, minus what's under the door glass it was too small for me to try at the moment, anyways! i've got it all set up to produce them a #46 BRE Fairlady free of charge to anyone who wants to gift me their Z Gamertag: Stolen Nametag. just send me a message on xbox if you'd like one. Forza 2 only, sorry guys...