HybridZ

Anyone in California Help?!?!

240ZR

My 350Z was stolen on Dec 29th, from the Fort Gordon, Barracks, here in Georgia, My Insurance is California Based, as well as i am a resident legally of California, although i had Georgia Reg on the car b/c i am stationed here....

My Questions is Allstate, is dicking me on time lines for resolution, as we all know they are NOT MAKING anymore Track 350Zs meaning for me to get a replacement I need to act fast and find a 06 that's been sitting or i am stuck getting a used track, not something I particularly want to happen either. The worst part is I am getting ready for a deployment, meaning i don't know what it means but it means once i deploy my hopes of replacing my precious Z are nil.

The insurance company is telling me they want 80days to finish the reports, they have already had it for 32 days and I sent them ALL the paperwork they requested in a more then timley manner... Do i have a legal stance to expidite this process? is there a way to umm sue if thier delaying causes my inability to replace my car? I knwo in real estate if you drag you feet you can get hit with a breach of contract, and get sued for damages or something >_>, what about my rental car fees? if they are going to take 80 days am i not entitled to a rental car even if i didnt get renters insurance?! I sure as hell am not paying $650 a month for a car to a bank when I have no such car or replacement.....

car stolen from the base-most people would think the base would be secure enough to leave it parked with the keys in it.the insurence should pay sooner-i dont know why they are dragging thier feet.maybe you need a nasty letter from an attorney.insurence sucks-the take lots of money and then run when you need the help that you thought you paid for.a motorcycle rider buddy of mine got hit on his bike and its been 9 monthes to settle-with an attorney.if you need help finding a new z send email -i am unemployed and have time.

I don't want to even bother looking until I know I am able to buy it, otherwise i ma going to cry.... I am going to go look for a lawyer tomorrow i guess... I mean i really don't have time to be dealing with this kind of stuff... If they can't resolve it in time or i cant find a new"ish" 350Z I guess I will be looking for someones Rx-7 LS1 car or something next year.... I was just really in love with my 350z..... I had storage in California all set up so i could get my baby deliver to me as soon as i got back. >_>

anyone know the laws on how long they have to payout? i mean making me wait 4 months, seems excessive, especially when I am paying for the loan payments AND STILL MAKING PAYMENTS FOR INSURACE out of pocket, i mean....... it means I cant afford to buy a a new car until they pay off the loan hell i talked the bank, and they wont even consider a new loan until they are paid off...

I mean 4 months seems like a LONG time, also I signed all the papers to LEGALY transfer title to them, like almost 2 weeks ago, and they now have possesion of the keys and EVERYTHING, I think dosnt that make them legal owners of my car?

I don't how much this can help you, but on the SRT-4 forums, there is a member who is familiar with insurance laws in California. Maybe he can help you out. Here's a link to his thread. Basically he encourages anyone with questions to hit him up.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87970

Good luck with the insurance settlement.

John

Man that sucks. You had just gotten that car, and I remember the hassle you had trying to get insurance in the first place.

Hard to believe they expect you to keep up the insurance premium when you don't have a car. The bank is another matter.

I can tell you first hand that working insurance across state lines can be a nightmare. States all have different laws.