HybridZ

Adjustable Control Arm Redesign

Those look really good. Make sure they can be adjusted to be shorter than stock. For my car, I need the arms to end up at least 1/4" shorter (due to lca pivot relocation).

When you price them, it would be helpful if you could include the adjustable strut rod - even if the parts are off-the-shelf. Personally, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks mark-up to have all the parts arrive in one box vs. me having to place lots of orders to various places.

These do look very stout and on-car adjustable (with lock nuts) is a nice differentiator.

Shorter than stock? That is the first time I have herd that. How did you move the lca pivot?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GARY!!

Man you take your Z-car SERIOUSLY, don't you? You don't leave your garage even to take a bathroom break... (notice the roll of TP on the shelf)... LOL!!

1-PlatedParts.jpg

I did the control arms myself and bought the TC rod from a buddy....probably have a couple hundred into the whole setup and the zinc plating is $58 a lot and everything on the car was just under 2 lots. The JCI kit looks really good in clear zinc. :) The trick to getting all the nuts & bolts done nice was to take them to a local shop that dips body parts and they did the whole box of nuts, bolts & washers for $20 and they came out like new. Didn't even want to think about having to beedblast all the stuff! Hope that helps anyone else who's thinking about doing it.

Oh, the same place also stipped off the red anodizing off the aluminum adjusters and I then had them done in clear anodizing, so they'll stay looking like that without getting dull or crusty! It takes a while to get the stuff done, as car parts are low priority, but it's worth it.

I saw a post somewhere that provided basic instructions on how to build a home-made oven to bake powder coat. It "might" have been here on HZ but I can't remember. It looked like an easy/inexpensive project. You could try a giggle search.

I bought a used oven for $75 and put it in my carport...

then I realized the L-series valvecover was too long to fit.

so I took a spare L-series oil pan and screwed it to the door after removing the glass. X-tra sump powder coat oven.

true story.

Hah!! We need a pic of that setup:mrgreen:

"...used oven... in my carport... L-series valvecover was too long to fit... I took a spare L-series oil pan and screwed it to the door after removing the glass..."

I have thought of the home powdercoating deal but cant justify futher clutering my shop with a stove.I will be putting in a body work area and spray booth maybe this year so maybe then i will have the room.And yes we do need pics of that setup,oil pan stove door? now thats resourceful.