HybridZ

2.3 FORD pinto (lima) motor

cup

yeah, the volvo thing is kind of common, not really tho. there is actually a guy here in MN that is doing it! he has it running nad its boosted as well. He has a Merkur XR4ti. I havent seen it in person, but he has shown up to a few meets that I couldnt get to with it and driving it.

i had a 87 turbo coupe-it was a surprise for how quick it was with just good tune up and a injector cleaning.best stock motors were 87-88 turbo coupe-next was mustang svo.exhaust manifold uses t3 turbo.a megasquirt with edis wheel from a early 90's ranger truck would be a cool set up.exhaust is on rh side-no steering problems.i would just get some square tube and weld up a new crossmember to hold the engine up.then cut the mounts off of z crossmember.there are 2.5 liter engines-they were in 90's rangers.

...Last time I checke the circle track guys have these things pushing 280 hp NA out of a Holley 390.

Wow... that's REALLY impressive if you think about it.

Not many older 4 bangers hitting that kind NA power, even the "large displacement" motors like the KA.

There's probably more reliable power in a well build 5.0, but those prices for a build short/long blocks are very reasonable and sounds hard to beat.

Thanks for this thread guys. This motor is going on my list of motors to learn about (other motor of high priority for me is the 60 degree toyota V6 motors). I always gotta keep learning, gotta be doing something when I'm not working on my car...