HybridZ

New intake (not sure if this is the right place)

nbesheer

Okay so I did my taxes and I'm getting $980.00 back so I want to buy a K&N Intake for my car. But I couldn't find one on their site so I guess they don't make them but at MSA I see this...http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PFFC12

It has a K&N filer which I guess is all that matters, but any reviews on this good buy or bad buy ? Also I don't mind paying $130 for that but if theres others for cheeper then that would be best, but MSA is 20 minutes away and I was thinking I would buy it tomorrow when I get paid. So anyone run this and I should get better gas miliage right ? And I've been told more HP ? Not sure if that is true though, doesn't seem like it would add horse power. Also I've been warned that you can't drive in the rain with a cold air intake is that true ?

Ideally it would give me better gas right, and because I'm all stoked about the return I really want to get sometime soon lol. But I don't really drive all that fast as it is I'm a pretty safe and slow driver which gets my girlfriend pissed lol "your driving too slow, why do you drive the speed limit... nag nag nag" But will that work in the rain I try not to drive in the rain that much as it is but it would be good to know if I can/can't. Also how does an intake make more noise ?

Also that's 20 minutes away with no traffic and with the 91 freeway thats rare so it kinda sucks with a stick too lol.

I don't think you'll have any problem driving in the rain with that CAI. There could be a problem with carbs and cold air intakes without provision for carb heat. Under the right conditions your carb would ice up. My 510 with CAI under the bumper would ice up in about 20 minutes of driving through central valley fog in the early morning or at night. Well known phenomena to pilots.

g

Okay so I did my taxes and I'm getting $980.00 back so I want to buy a K&N Intake for my car. But I couldn't find one on their site so I guess they don't make them but at MSA I see this...http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PFFC12

It has a K&N filer which I guess is all that matters, but any reviews on this good buy or bad buy ? Also I don't mind paying $130 for that but if theres others for cheeper then that would be best, but MSA is 20 minutes away and I was thinking I would buy it tomorrow when I get paid. So anyone run this and I should get better gas miliage right ? And I've been told more HP ? Not sure if that is true though, doesn't seem like it would add horse power. Also I've been warned that you can't drive in the rain with a cold air intake is that true ?

Sweet this is so awesome. I've been going crazy wanting new car parts and such this is going to be so bomb. (BTW I have the nicest car out of my frineds lol gotta have the braging rights.) Anyways I just noticed that It's Wednesday not Thursday so I guess I'll have a day I buy it unless I scrape up some cash. Man this week is going by slow.

EDIT, my girlfriend buoght the MSA one for me... well I paid Ebay price and she paid the rest beucase she didn't want to do the ebay lol. Took me 10 minutes to switch it.

Well anyways I edited my previous post which said this

EDIT, my girlfriend buoght the MSA one for me... well I paid Ebay price and she paid the rest beucase she didn't want to do the ebay lol. Took me 10 minutes to switch it.

Also I coudln't hear it make noise becuase my alternater belt was too loose and it would screech whenever I reved the engine but i fixed it now and damn is it nise sounding lol.

That's a very good idea BUT every time I replace parts I keep the originals. for instance I have the original headights (I believe) stock radio which i wanted to keep but it needed 8ohm speakers, speakers, air box, radiatorr cap, thermostat that's about it. Just in case I want to make it original again lol.

Well today it rained a lot. Once it stoped raining, I went out driving it was really cold and there was some moisture in the air. Anyways when I would take off the ride would be real choppy like the car was about to stall, it didn't do this yesterday when I drove it. Is there something I need to adjust for the new intake ?