HybridZ

How long can I run the car w/out Water?

JSM

I wrecked my Z and the radiator is shot and wont hold water. How long can I run the motor without damaging it? I need to start it and just move it out its current location, and then maybe start it to get it in my garage.

Would it be better to run a few hoses together and have a little water circulating then none or should I be okay for 30 to 60 seconds?

If you can locate the leak, then take a propain torch to it with some plumbing solder. Thats of course if the area is cleared of wires and hoses.

You can also try the egg trick.

Just be sure to fill the rad before you start the car, even though you have a leak.

How big is the crack anyways?

The radiator was taken out of the car completly due to the fact that it was resting on alternator and damper pully. Thats how far it got pushed in.

I was able to push the car without starting it. I just wasn't sure if i was going to be able to move it by myself.

If you can locate the leak, then take a propain torch to it with some plumbing solder. Thats of course if the area is cleared of wires and hoses.

You can also try the egg trick.

Just be sure to fill the rad before you start the car, even though you have a leak.

How big is the crack anyways?