HybridZ

want new wheels

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/LNP01/25-1129

These are the wheels I have been looking at. My only concern is that I have over 400 to the wheels on my setup and they use adaptors.

My only other option is getting a set custom made, I don't want to drop a wad on wheel for this car. I have done it before on my IS 300 and I am not sure that I am willing to spend 750 a wheel again plus tires.......I have too many other things that I want to do to this car to justify that kind of money.....

I think the price is $829 for 4 wheels or $207.25 per wheel, including lugs and adapters. At least that is what the legend on the bottom says. But, I agree with you about spending too much for wheels and tires. But hey, you can rent them!

I bought a set of wheels from http://www.takumiproject.com and have been really happy, they kept me updated on exactly what was happening with the order, even when they found a -minor- problem with one of the wheels, they offered to fix for free or send them as is and knock $50 off the price, or to completely refund my money.

There's been alot of discussion regarding wheel adapters, but theoretically well made adapters should not be a problem. There are plenty of people putting down all kinds of power with them without any problems whatsoever.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=87587

FYI - The Konig wheels you buy form MSA are Honda wheels with adapters. I bought my adapters from ModernMotorsports and then bought my Konig's on my own. I paid less money and had a larger selection of wheels to choose from.

In a 17x7 inch wheel, I wouldn't worry about the adapters as you are going to have big problems hooking up 400hp with a 205/215/225 width tire. I run bolt-on adapters on my car and have had no problems at all. As long as the wheel offset+adapter is close to the stock backspacing, there is no problems running them. The adapters that you are looking at here will be bolt-on, i assume, as you will be going from the 4 on 114 to the 4 on 100 honda pattern.

Cheers

Doug

I want to flare the fenders with a Eastwood Fender Flarer but not bolt on anything. I think that I can stuff some 17 X 8 with a +40 to +35 offset......I have been looking at the adaptorsform Modern Motorsports and I believe that I will go that route.....I will keep others updated.

I just can't bring myself to purchase that style of wheel. My god father has a set of Panasports that he is going to use for his 280 Z and I don't want anything near what he has. They are a nice wheel but just not my taste. I know that they era specific and that they were the "bomb" back in the day but I want something a little more updated. I think that I may have solved my problems......I will post up when I get them...and show offsets and clearance...

I personally think most wheels made today don't fit the style of early Z cars.

One wheel I seriously considered was the 5zigen fcn01, clifton is running those, they look nice on his car, but is not the style I am looking for.

They are relatively cheap, available in 17x9 +20, and 17x8 +35 or so