HybridZ

Has anyone molded in zg flares ?

benitoz

I search couldnt find any info on it... Im thinking of bolting it on with addhissives and then molding it in... if this has been done anyone have pics ? thanks

Answer is yes and yes. I did on my Fairlady I used to have back in the 80s. Look in these links...I have a few pics that might help you out.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/768886/14279676.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/768886/14279688.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/768886/14279695.jpg

I had the ZG flares, GNose, Supra louvers cut to fit the rear quarter windows, an old celica gas hatch louvers glassed into the the airholes behind the quarter windows, Skyline tail lights abd old RX7 rear spoiler cut into a three piece. I have different tastes today but it was the bomb in the 80s...haha.

Terry

haha terry awesome pic man. how far we've come....... :D

HaHA...I know! Sorta the clothing fashions...they always change over time. Oh I made a mistake on the 1/4 window louvers. Those came from a 280ZX Fairlady not a Supra... Yeah you outta seen my interior...it was much like that car we are talking about haha. The Japanese were really into lights, fur, and disco balls....ironically...so was I!!:) Sorry to change the subect. Glad I had some pics that helped!

Out.........

Why would anyone want to is a better question lol.

I think the bolts look kinda tackey. I think its the only flare with that particular shape so people buy it, but it has the holes which they dont like..

Corzette- Thats a great looking 2+2. Im having to save my money to finish the body work on my 2+2 and Im really debating getting some flares. Me and my dad had thought about filling in the holes and molding the ZG flares in but the flares are pretty spendy. Do you still have this car?

I think the bolts look kinda tackey. I think its the only flare with that particular shape so people buy it, but it has the holes which they dont like..

Corzette- Thats a great looking 2+2. Im having to save my money to finish the body work on my 2+2 and Im really debating getting some flares. Me and my dad had thought about filling in the holes and molding the ZG flares in but the flares are pretty spendy. Do you still have this car?

I know what ya mean. No I sold that car before I went to desert Shield/Storm back in 1990. I really enjoyed it as I brought it back from Okinawa in 1986. I had alot of fun with the right hand drive. In and Out burger was fun because I didnt have to slide across the seat to get my food!

That engine was an L28 bored to 2.9 with 44MM Solex Carbs and Headers. Ran 14.5 at 92 or 93 MPH if memory serves me correctly. Ran out at Carlsbad all the time in Cali back then. Had a 5 speed in it. Was pretty fast for a NA 6. I rememebr beating a mustang at the track at one time...haha.

Terry

I am currently molding mine in as we speak. I have a msa body kit that I am modifing to flares and the side bumper skirts to have more flow. I am molding them to take the sharp contrast from the flare to the body away. so far I think it looks really good with my wheels centerline crusing classics malibu 17x8 245/50 zr 17s oh yea......

I know what ya mean. No I sold that car before I went to desert Shield/Storm back in 1990. I really enjoyed it as I brought it back from Okinawa in 1986. I had alot of fun with the right hand drive. In and Out burger was fun because I didnt have to slide across the seat to get my food!

That engine was an L28 bored to 2.9 with 44MM Solex Carbs and Headers. Ran 14.5 at 92 or 93 MPH if memory serves me correctly. Ran out at Carlsbad all the time in Cali back then. Had a 5 speed in it. Was pretty fast for a NA 6. I rememebr beating a mustang at the track at one time...haha.

Terry

How in the world was it we never crossed paths? My 73 looks a lot like that to this day. My flares were done when Roger Puffer (400MMS Kadena AFB) had the car on Okinawa in 81 (Done at AY-Body outside KAB Gate 4 on Rte 58 next to the Bimbo Bakery). I bought it off him when hard times hit (Divorce) and he needed money fast. I painted it Black, Added the G-Nose, as well as Triple Mikuini 44's Blown Through with a T-Series Turbo. Gone when I got the car was Rogers neat addition of Corvette Popup headlights in the Hood, with Glased over Nacelles! Shame, it was some nice work by A-Y...

I rotated stateside in 89, and brought the car with me. And was down at Carlsbad regularly from about mid-91 till about a year before they shut the gates. Regularly is at least once a month in my book...given my travel schedule! I may have seen your car around The Rock...there is something familiar about it...

Not wanting to threadjack, just got shocked when I saw the car photos and then read the background! Just amazed how many Oki-Car guys there are around here! LOL

How in the world was it we never crossed paths? My 73 looks a lot like that to this day. My flares were done when Roger Puffer (400MMS Kadena AFB) had the car on Okinawa in 81 (Done at AY-Body outside KAB Gate 4 on Rte 58 next to the Bimbo Bakery). I bought it off him when hard times hit (Divorce) and he needed money fast. I painted it Black, Added the G-Nose, as well as Triple Mikuini 44's Blown Through with a T-Series Turbo. Gone when I got the car was Rogers neat addition of Corvette Popup headlights in the Hood, with Glased over Nacelles! Shame, it was some nice work by A-Y...

I rotated stateside in 89, and brought the car with me. And was down at Carlsbad regularly from about mid-91 till about a year before they shut the gates. Regularly is at least once a month in my book...given my travel schedule! I may have seen your car around The Rock...there is something familiar about it...

Not wanting to threadjack, just got shocked when I saw the car photos and then read the background! Just amazed how many Oki-Car guys there are around here! LOL

Tony, wholly crap! You knew Roger Puffer? Wasnt he the bodybuilder, Clark Kent looking guy with the I think Philipino wife (hot)??? I knew him well as I was into powerlifting at that time and was a regular at Risner and talked to him everyday. I think he retired to Florida? I have bound to have seen you around. Oh and molded flares were the way to go then...haha.

Terry