HybridZ

Cost of Weekend at VIR

mark

From my post on this thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119175 I thought I would add a little detail. I had been adding rear brake bias to the car. A little to much bias plus a brain fart lead to a spin in a braking zone and contact with a brake marker. One can of bondo, $10, paint who knows.

New clutch gave up due to an oil leak, took it apart and found a presure plate that had some strange wear. New clutch disc and lightened pressure plate $650. OUCH! And cost to surface the flywheel.

Having some valve train issues. John (jt1) has offered to help me work these out, 1 case of cheap beer $3.00 One set of lifters $129. Probably also need some shorter push rods.

Tore 2 CV boots with my little braking zone deal. Decided to replace all 4, New boots (Q 45 diff and CV axel set up) from Courtsey Nissan about $150.

Still need to get assorted gaskets, intake, valve cover etc, probably another $100 or so.

I'm sure there will be some while I'm at it that happens also. $XXXXXX.78

All in all still a fun weekend. Great guys, great track. Just parts, time and cash. Still cheaper than a weekend of hookers and cocaine, :lmao: easier on the marriage also.

:lmao:

Hookers and cocaine... Hell that's what I thought your afterhours activity included in your trips into the metropolis of Milton, North Carolina...

Atleast your car has seen the track... Mine will possibly never make it... :shock:

Mike

Hookers and cocaine... Hell that's what I thought your afterhours activity included in your trips into the metropolis of Milton, North Carolina...

Atleast your car has seen the track... Mine will possibly never make it... :shock:

Mike

Millie's is THE place to be in Milton!

Hate it when that happens...

I managed to nearly destroy a set of Toyo RA1s I purchased in Jan.(a month ago)...

I hope they make it through the March event at Road Atlanta... I might run my street tires the first day...

At this rate I will end up needing 3 or 4 sets of race tires this season...