HybridZ

Big-Phil's MsNs File

big-phil

Well my Fel-pro lasted about 1 year at 15 psi before it let loose the other day on the back strecth of VIR. I am running a turbo lower end with an N42 head, turbo cam, intercooler, 60mm TB, MS1 V3 and getting 300 rwhp.

You know doing over 120 mph or so then get on the brakes and down shifting from 5th to 4th going into turn 14 then I notice this big cloud of white smoke out the rear view mirror. I manage to get the car to the paddock before it stopped running for good. The car had this very sickly sweet smell and when I pulled the plugs 2 cylinders were full or green water, go figure.

The head gasket was shot and had been leaking for a bit.

Replaced it with a 2mm metal gasket (getting hard to find) and now it runs pretty good and I am getting ready to take the car back to VIR this weekend.

So standby to standby you will blow the fel-pro head gasket!

HB280ZT

phil, I was just looking at your spark map. It's a shame that you are not using the full resolution of the 12x12 table. the top three lines have all the same falues. Don't forget that the meagsquirt interpolates (sp?) between the falues. So you could just put 18* at 250 and the put the line below at 140 kpa@ 19*. this will free up 4 lines for all the falues below 140 kpa. This part of the map is a lot harder to tune (driveabillity).

I have always thought that 12x12 is to big for spark anyway.

here's my table

http://home.tiscali.nl/xworrell/sparktable.JPG