HybridZ

Big-Phil's MsNs File

big-phil

Please use caution. This file works on "MY CAR" and may not have the same results on your car.

:this is my set up::

N/A bottom end with dished pistons

P90 stock head

Holset hy35 turbo

3" intercooler piping

60mm TB

24x12x3 intercooler with 3" inlet/outlet

Accell super coil

8mm spark plug wires

NGK bpr7es-11 spark plugs, .028 gap.

440cc injectors, Pallnet fuel rail.

Automotive adjustable Fuel pressure regulator, running about 39psi at idle

Holly electric fuel pump, in line with the stock FP

3" full exhaust, Magnaflow 3" muffler **no restriction**

Megasquirt'n'Spark Extra

If your car is just a little bit different then your car will not react the same to this tune. For me this tune works friggin' great up to 17 psi, but remember I'm flowing ALOT of air through my 3 inch I/C pipe. Anyway just be careful. I don't want my tune to hurt your motor.

Copy of sparkchange profec-b.zip

hey phil can you take some screen shots of everything?! (shift+print screen, then copy and paste on paint or something)

I have a much older version of MSnS extra ... and I cant view the file =(

Maybe the fuel/spark maps?

Thanks I was wondering how people show a picture of the screen.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/49615/2867564

http://putstuff.putfile.com/49616/6441119

^^^^this is the only way I could figure out how to post the file, its a doc. One of them is the fuel, the other is the spark. You have to go through about 4 pages to get to the file???

?I don't know?? Thats Chris's doing. He tuned the car. His last motor made 374 whp on his Haltech. He really seems to know what he's doing. The car is unbelievable. pulls hard and smooth. After I got the Profec b, I get full boost in every gear!! My next video I'll try to get that on film. 17 psi in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.. (after I break my clutch in)

edit: now that I think of it, he did say that only the uper right part of the map is used under load, so maybe thats why its the same straight across?

Phil, you could bump up your 90 and 100 kpa about 10*, especially 100 kpa, it's really low, even for a real high cr engine. 80 kpa and below 5-6* after 3k. I would run a little more at low boost too. You'll pick up a bit more power before peak boost and should spool a bit quicker. Your idle timing is crazy high too. Is it hard to crank? I'm sure it idles better there but if you need to get through emmisions I don't think you'll pass at idle. Didn't know if you wanted opinions, but thought I would offer.

Thanks for posting your map!

Before you change you timing, verify that the timing you set in the timing table match the actual timing as measured with a timing light. Use the trim angle to compensate for any timing error. A lot people forget to do this calibration.

What head gasket are you running at 17psi?

How is the idle with those 440cc/min injectors?

Phil, you could bump up your 90 and 100 kpa about 10*, especially 100 kpa, it's really low, even for a real high cr engine. 80 kpa and below 5-6* after 3k. I would run a little more at low boost too. You'll pick up a bit more power before peak boost and should spool a bit quicker. Your idle timing is crazy high too. Is it hard to crank? I'm sure it idles better there but if you need to get through emmisions I don't think you'll pass at idle. Didn't know if you wanted opinions, but thought I would offer.

I don't have to pass emmisions, it seems to crank and idle fine. I must say I don't know a thing about tuning. My freind Chris has done all the tuning. He has had many many turbo Z cars, and seems to know what he's doing. Although I'm sure he is reading these suggestions as well.

Thanks for posting your map!

Before you change you timing, verify that the timing you set in the timing table match the actual timing as measured with a timing light. Use the trim angle to compensate for any timing error. A lot people forget to do this calibration.

What head gasket are you running at 17psi?

How is the idle with those 440cc/min injectors?

We did verify that the motor is set to 30* just like what megasquirt says. I have a Felpro head gasket, I know I know its going to blow. At least thats what I've heard. I've also heard that a stock Nissan head gasket would be better. I'm not sure if I want to try a solid metel gasket?

metal?!?

I would say NO!

if you detonate.. the head gasket will blow and save your engine

with metal, you detonate.. and there is no where for it to go, other then through the piston or out the side of the block.

My fel-pro has handled 18psi fine

If you detonate, chances are a ring land is going to be cracked first. A HG isn't a fuse. Assuming it is is false insurance.

the HG is holding up fine. As for ring lands I've been down that road before. As of yet I have only heard a hint of detonation. That was with Chris (tuner) in the car, lap top on his lap, wideband in hand yelling "let off! let off!! The wideband reads 11.5 to redline, 5 gears--17 pounds of boost:2thumbs: