HybridZ

water temp and oil pressure thread size needed

caszboy

OK, i have a set of autometer gauges and mounted them and looking good but the thread pattern for the stock ones i guess is metric? while the autometer gauge is standard.

i am going to a plumbing shop monday to get adapters but i NEED to know the thread size for the stock oil pressure and water temperature senders.

thanks in advance :)

For water temp you are going to have to tell us the year and make of your Z.

The early Z's use a really odd sensor.

Oil pressure is actually 1/8 - 28 British pipe thread. Note this is not NPT, but BSP. The two are actually close enough that you can thread one into the other. But to do it right here is an adapter kit that has the proper adapters

http://www.autobarn.net/eqoilpreselt.html

Sunpro sells a similar adapter kit.

Water Temperature Sender is a straight thread. I want to say an M10 or M12. I know when I tapped my manifold for one, I had the tap in my Craftsman kit, and it was not a tapered pipe thread, just a standard metric straight thread.

ok, well i just ordered the:

Equus Oil Pressure & Electronic Temperature Metric Adapter Kit. It came out to be 12.24 after shipping. not to bad for 5 fittings since the local Race Shop wanted to charge me $9.90 just for the oil pressure sender adapter. now i just have to wait the darn shipping time. i will let you guys know. thanks for the help :)