HybridZ

Just got my 72 240z home.. :)

cloudxps

Saying hi to you Z owners. just bought a project 72 240Z saturday. I'm so excited to start working on it. I'm in the tear down process now. I have the L24 motor all stock with E88 heads. Im pretty sure its a 5spd. Is a turbo setup on that motor worth it? 'm getting reay to rip it out for the rebuild and I would be interested in adding a turbo right from the beginning. Also it looks like a lot of my wiring is junk. Is there a wiring kit made for the car or will i have to use an aftermarket harness to redo all of that? Ive always loved these cars and Im super excited. Thanks for any of your advice. http://www.dayton-welding.com/datsun

Guest 280ZForce

sweet another So Cal Hybrid Z'er! we'll be in touch for meets. Congrats on the purchase, have fun with her.

If you need to know anything...you can find it here on the best Z site there is! and if you can't find it, then some one will help ya.

Guest 280ZForce
nice. yea if u ever need help let me know. we so. cali guys need to keep in touch more.

lol we all keep in touch, we are vastly spread out among So Cal and trust me when I say there are hundreds of us. Just some of us are in hiding and shy :icon6:

I'm gonna keep doing the monthly Hybrid Z meets, just my engine sits in pieces right now on my work bench. Prolly gonna be down a couple weeks while I get everything squared away so it's built back together properly and ready to kick some serious arse again.

Nice project car!

( mine's black too.)

I'm in Los Angeles. I'd be fun to hang with some other Z people, count me in

as well. Mine runs, with an old Scarab 327 conversion, but I have an LT1 on an engine stand, waiting for me to attack it. Problem is, the day job is sapping all of my energy right now. Spring time and a couple of cases of red bull should get things going ;)

-Les

This site is filled with knowledge as far as torbo set up this link is worth its weight in gold http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115904 but if you go the n/a route http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116680

extreem heads http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104420

what is you goals if it is above 300rwhp turbo is cheaper.welcome to hybrid Z.

hey thanks for the links. I do look forward to meeting fellow Z owners. Oh yeah no V8 for me, I think that takes away some from the car's character. Im building a '41 coupe with my father-in-law thats got the built V8 in it :)and 250-280HP is what Im aiming for turbo or not. Does that number seem feasible?

hey i used to have an SA200 pipeline welder just like the one in the last picture....loved that thing

btw i checked out your other project and wow that looks good! the grill is a work of art (especially after you chorme it). if you put 1/2 the effort into your z im sure it will be a very nice car. great work!

hey i used to have an SA200 pipeline welder just like the one in the last picture....loved that thing

btw i checked out your other project and wow that looks good! the grill is a work of art (especially after you chorme it). if you put 1/2 the effort into your z im sure it will be a very nice car. great work!

BTW, that machine is a SA-250, the 200s are badass too. My grandpa has a 1967 200 that still works today ;) Ya the '41 has been a lot of hard work. but its getting there. My Z is in much better shape for example not a rust bucket lol.

So i guess a L28ET is the way huh? I did some research on the Sr20DET that motor seems kick ass also 205hp, that might be somthing id think about. Thanks for all the info and comments.

no sun roof on it, i plug welded all the pinholes on the top of that new piece then ground it smooth and used a little bondo to even the whole shape out.(notice the round spots in the middle of the piece?, thats where we had holes in the original roof) easy beans. it didnt have many holes in it But the top was so thin that when we tried to weld them shut it was very hard to weld , so we just used a new piece to add some more metal to weld to.

on another note:

My Z is all stripped on the inside and i sprayed it with a light coat of truck bed liner by dupli color, that stuff worked soo nice and it will help avoid rust and is tougher than any primer or paint im sure. it wan't near what the '41 was rust wise. It has almost no rust maybe 1% with a little surface rust in the spare tire bowl. i also pulled the L24 out, Im going to clean up the engine bay and the under side of the car next. I have made my decison on the motor also 75% rb25det and 25% rb20det. (i guess i havent decided then) If anyone gives me as much as an "rb25det all the way" recommendation then im going with that. They are both nice motors and not very expensive. i dunno that do you guys think?