HybridZ

Caprice LT1 wiring

Okay, I have the full wiring harness from a 94 caprice and I hooked up the +12v to the post on the fuse box and tried to fire it up but there was no spark. So im assuming that there is some relay that i havent triggered for the pcm probaly dealing with the wires that are supposed to hook up to the ignition I only know what one of wires that goes into the firewall does and thats the yellow one for the alternator. If any one knew anymore that would be a great help.DSCN0060_Small_.JPG

There are a few cicuits that you need to hook up. There should be a few supplied with 12V+ battery and some wiht 12V+ ignition. I don't know what you have as far as how your fuel pump is hooked up but I have mine hooked up from the PCM through a relay so it kicks on for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on. As for the ignition, if you supply the power to the right wires off the PCM it should supply voltage to the coil/coil module. Does the Caprice have a VATS system? If so did you disable it some how or bypass it?

Guy

Here's the wiring for a 1995 Camaro PCM/harness... http://www.datsun-280zx-lt1.com/LT1_WIRING_INFO.html

Yeah the caprice has the vats system but it should still start without it being disabled it will just run for a sec then turn off. For the fuel pump im just using what the person had on the car before it only does 5-9psi so that could be a problem.

Oh yeah that pump is not going to work, not near enough psi.

What are your plans for your fuel tank?

I don't see which car you have in this thread but I'll assume it's a 240 based on the 9PSI pump.

You can swap the tank to an LS1 series Camaro (F-Body) or use the stock one. If you stick with the stock tank you really want to do something with it to prevent the fuel pickup from losing fuel when in a corner. I welded a sump on mine which prevented the fuel starvation but the tank started shedding rust real bad so I swapped it out for a Camaro tank. Another option is a surge tank which you can feed with a low pressure pump then run the high pressure pump from it.

If you stick with the stock tank you can use a Walbro 255LPH inline pump. It will provide the needed pressure and with large enough lines will flow more than the LT1 needs.

I still have the one I used with the stock tank. I'll make you a good deal on it if you're interested.

Wheelman

So far my plans are to keep the stock fuel tank but I havent looked in it yet so see if its rusted or not so the plan could change. Right now I just want to get the car up and running asap. As for the car it is a 280z but for some reason it had a 5-9 psi electric pump on it. That might have been why it wasnt running.

Yeah I would be interested in your left over pump just pm what your looking for it.