HybridZ

Anyone use a fuel only EMS (not MS) and the stock ECU?

ktm

• Administrators

Years ago, I used a 2D system, when 3D was less popular. These day's I don't see the point. Its kind of like inventing a black & white Plasma screen TV... nice, but ultimately 'not it'.

Don't discount the value in proper ignition control, particularly on a modified engine. If you use the factory curve, you WILL sacrafice power. Power, response, and reliability are just as influenced by proper timing, as proper AFR.

Its a small step in effort, but potentially a huge leap in performance.

Don't know why you would, but you could...

Because its so easy to do with the mechanical ignition, and you still get to ditch the AFM. I had mine like that for some time. I have also set that up on my Silvertop 20v 4AGE powered Corolla and a Gen. 1 Miata simply by adding seperate temp sensors and cutting off the factory injector wires, with no problems (note those are all Bosch L-Jetronic ECU'd cars). But on those two it was only temporary, spark IS where its at.

Why wouldn't you use MS?

Or a better question, why would you go out of your way seeking fuel only?

I was simply exploring options. :) Gavin, it's interesting you simply cut the factory injection wires as that is what I was contemplating in this setup.

I have decided to jump in with both feet and go with both fuel and spark.