HybridZ

Stock 240Z ride height?

Anybody have that info?

From the rocker panel bottom horizontal surface?

From the rear control arm rear clamp to the ground?

From the center of the front crossmember

From the center of the front diff cross member?

Anything like that?

Aaron

The 1981 1/2 280ZXT Height is 51" Lenght 174" weight 2,995lbs.Wheelbase 91.3 BHP 180@5,600rpm.

The 75-78 280Z Height 51" Lenght 173" weight 2,875lbs. (I thought it was lighter;guess not)Wheelbase 90.7 BHP 149@5600rpm.74 260Z 51"high,lenght 162", weight 2665lbs, wheelbase 91", BHP 139@5200rpm. 70 240Z height 50 to 51" (I've got two different reports)Lenght 162.8", weight 2238lbs. wheelbase 90.7" BHP150@6000rpm.

Len

Guest Anonymous

I guess since our cars are actually 50 inches high, we could call it a GT50.. (thats how the Ford GT40 was named believe it or not, its 40 inches high, that was out of Shelbys own mouth in a interview I saw...) :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I heard that when Shelby and Ford were designing the GT 40 ,they had one driver in mind that would fit perfect with a helmet on. Later with taller drivers they had to bump up the roof to accomodate the bigger drivers

Kinda funny how topics just go off on their own sometime.

Pete,

I'm doing this from memory, but with the stock sized 175/70-14 tires I think the ride height is 6 3/4" at the front rocker panel seam. At least that was about the number I measured on a bone stock, all original 1972 I had in my garage back in 1997.

Guest Aaron

Many Thanks Len,

Lone, I recently read that that they rounded the 40. It should have been a GT40.5 smile.gif Just doesn't have the ring to it. Speaking of GT40, has anyone seen this? GT40

Pete

It wasen't meant to be. If you had the $75 G's. You know you wouldn't be happy driving around in a car like that. Just think of what you would lose! All that motivation of crawling around in the grease under your Z! Heck just think of what we would lose. I guy! Boldly going where no man has gone before (Star Trek!) in the area of scientific research to promote the ultimate "Z"! Educating the masses! All that you have strived for all these years would be gone! And we would just be wandering amlessly surfing the web looking for meaning in our lives! No Pete I'm telling you now! We are dealing a higher order that created our current reality. Don't go wishing for things that can possibly alter the world as we know it!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM! DID I TYPE THAT? I BETTER GO TO BED!

(Anyway; I bet if you ask Tim. He could at least get you a nice model like his for around $7 bucks!) :confused:

Tim

I saw that same "sloping in" hood scoop on a Lotis when I was in Rome last year. It was in a showroom looked awwwwsome!!!!! It also had those side scoops as well as additional roof and rear spoilers. Was really a very small car. I thought it would be just right to drive the narrow crowded streets of Rome competing with all those scooters! I bet Ford is using that Lotis idea(or vise versa) since they are one in the same!

If you could wave a wand and enlarge your model 28 times...I'll take delivery ASAP! :D:D:D:D

Len

Guest Anonymous

Cool, now if they'd just remake the Pantera again... :D Lets see, maybe a leaned on version of the injected supercharged Lightning 351 motor would be about right. ;)

Of course in todays dollars it'd be a easy 100 g. (To bad I remember when they were like 10k which sounds cheap today)

If I could just go back and buy all the Shelby ACE cobra's you could find, and sell them @ .5 million a copy (or more) you could do ok these days... smile.gif

Ahhh, sorry got sidetracked counting the potential money... :D

Regards,

Lone

Len, thanks for the ego boost smile.gif . But I'll tell you, I've learned so much in the past 2-3 years here on HybridZ, I feel like a novice. The things I would do differently if I started over! (Heck, I've redone more than a few things as I went through this project!)