HybridZ

70-78 Z Air Dam Motorsport Auto Part#50-1409

Guest thenillaz

Guest thenillaz

Hi first time posting,

I searched and I'm not sure if this has been covered, but does anybody know about this air dam?

large501409.jpg

The MSA products seem to be very popular, but I see nothing on this particular piece. Anybody know of any fitment issues or have any experience with this dam? Also, anyone have any pics of Zs with the dam? I'd like to see some end results. Thanks.

You are a funny guy! No photoshop there, although it is currently back in Portland at the paint shop getting a bunch of things fixed that I wasn't happy with and then it's assembly time. See all the parts on the shelf, behind the car and on top of & under the bench? Just waiting for the return and it is time to get it going! Definitely took longer than I hoped, but Dustin knows what I mean about that. He took BURRL in for a $3500 reshoot of his car and a year later and 4 times the original cost, he ended up with a beauty. I'm ready to drive now!! :)

Thanks, David!

Yeah - it's all about the grade of materials and amount and quality of workmanship. It takes time to do a car right and that equals lots of hours and that really runs the price of a good paint job up.

When I took mine in 10 years ago they tore it apart, redid the window & hatch seals, smoothed out probably 50 mini hail dents, repaired some rusty spots, installed the Aero II ground effects package from MSA and did the Cadillac pearl red paint with the white racing srtipe for $2,500. I'd hate to think what that would cost me now - especially since the paint is now 10 years old and needing to be redone.

So Gary - Are you going to have it ready for the Mt. Shasta event this year?:D

Yeh, I think your car would cost at least $10k to do it today. I certainly hope to have the car done very soon. I would shoot for Shasta, but there is NOT a Shasta event for this year. New management of the ski lodge wanted to charge 4 times the amount for the facility, so no go. There's going to be some sort of 3-4 day deal at Thunderhill, but it's so damn hot that time of year, I'm not too sure about attending that one! We'll see.

Wow - it would be cheaper to ship it to the DFW area. I talked with a guy down there - one man shop - that does a lot of custom work on on the Acura NSX. He was getting repeat business and doing some pretty interesting things with them. He offered to repaint my car in the same color, fix a few small dings, and fully glass in the ground effects for $2,500. I should have had him do it while I was down there.

His shop is in Grand Prairie at the NW corner of Great Southwest Parkway and Pioneer Blvd. Don't remember the name of it.

• 1 year later...