HybridZ

I want to live here!

Mike kZ

I think I may have read about this place (or if not, then something similar) in Auto Restorer Magazine a few weeks back. They were talking about a neighborhood that was being built out on a large acerage lot (I think it was SC or GA) that would have its own 4 or 5 mile road course!

Lol i have been there! Lenoir is my hometown. That website is very generous to that place. Most of those pictures seem older, its kind of looking run down the last time I was there. Most people that live there are purists for whatever cars they drive. There was an old lady with a 77 280z that lives there, she just sold it on ebay. Actually Mikelly was making fun of the car because she listed it as "near concurs" with its rust problems and all, lol.

Just south of Fort Worth there is a place called Motorsport Ranch. It is a motorsport country club. It is a beautiful 1.7 mile, 11 turn, course with full amenities, clubhouse, garages, etc. and you can buy lots and build homes with a view of the track.

Then there is my place here in WA - 4 acres & 7-car garage within 15 minutes of a 1/4 track.

They are building another place sorta like that around Salisbury I have heard. They are building a motorsports park now with a full road course. I believe they are selling townhome type houses and you are garenteed a certain amount of time to yourself on the track a year. Thats about all i know right now though I havent done much research.

I had an idea for a community like this just alittle while ago. I think it would be sweet to have a car community and have a really nice central shop where you could rent or buy a bay in it and have access to machinery and lifts etc. full service / custom fab shop could also be in the development. Then of course you would need the skidpad, dragstrip, and small road course :)

We have a couple hundred acres in lincolnton that we might develop but I dont think its large enough for such an undertaking :(