HybridZ

Important Rb26dett Questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

mannyvig

here is the deal my roommate finally got his bank loan for the rb26 now we need to actually buy it.i have already done plenty to rb20/25 swaps/repair but i know the 26 is still extremely different.

the first issue i have is which model to purchase. i am leaning toward the the r32/33 motor for the reason that it is still obd I and therefore would make wiring and troubleshooting a lot easier. with this i also know of the persistant oil collar problem and will need to be addressed when the motor is in. ya i know its a 5 and not the 6 speed but the 5 is still bulletproof. i do not know anyone who has done one from an r34 so if you have any info i will be studying your advice hard

issue no. 2 is who to buy it from. i live in phoenix az and have tried to contact a local importer but unfortunately for him he forgot how to return calls. i can easily have it shipped to loading dock of the infiniti shop i work for so im really not worried about shipping. i need an importer that is relaible i dont want to get it withoun piping, the MASS, or anything like that so if you know of anyone please advertise for them and let me know.

any random, useful or just anything anyone can offer is greatly appreciated and im sure will be repaid somewhere along the line by somebody

thanks a lot guys and ladies please reply

Fair enough. :)

I know very little about the 26, but I understand that almost all of them need attention to the oil supply, though one would have to assume that later versions (R34/N1) would have some factory attempts made to correct the issue.

I am not too sure what you mean when you talk about the gearboxes. Unless you are going to be doing a whole heap of work, you won't be running the 26 box, but rather a RB25DET 5-speed. Or are you planning on converting (which car?) to 4wd?

Its just my opinion, but it seems to me that every factory engine serves only as a starting point. Or maybe I just have little respect for black-box (at my skill level) factory ECUs.

Best of luck,

Dave

Most likely what you can afford is R32, which will need a oil crank collar, and you're going to not be able to use the AWD tranny, so most likely you're going to have to source a R33 RB25DET trans.

Just curious... what was your budget for the RB26DETT Motor/RB25DET trans?

I know 4 ppl that have bought various engines from Tiger Japanese.

Their service is better than Osaka JDM motors for sure (everyone can attest to that, I'm sure)

All engines checked out, except for one Mazda engine, which was returned without question and replaced. Shipping fee was waived on the second engine too.

They will deliver to your door too!

I hope your swap goes well :D

They seem to be good, some guys I know go to them for all their engines, mostly sr20s. When I visited them to ask about buying a rb25 then and there the owner was a bit surly and reluctant to help.. didn't give me the best feeling really, but I could have caught him on a bad day. Either way, they have a good reputation.

I ended up picking up my rb25 at total jdm in Toronto. I'd highly reccommend them. http://www.torontojdm.com

They have a RB25DET for $900, sans transmission. Or you can get the RB25DET + 5 spd transmission for $2100!

I've never seen a RB25DET for such a low price, and it sounds like they are reputable!

That is dam good

Im gonna guess thats just the long block with no turbos, or ecu/harness.

They have a RB25DET for $900, sans transmission. Or you can get the RB25DET + 5 spd transmission for $2100!

I've never seen a RB25DET for such a low price, and it sounds like they are reputable!

• 1 year later...