HybridZ

What timing for 15 psi

Guest 240zxt

Guest 240zxt

This is on a L6 turbo block, p 90 head blow thru system. Right now I'm running about 12 degrees at idle and 25 degrees at 4000 rpm with no apparent pinging. just wanted to know what you guys run total advanced? Also I'm running a 100 shot of nos but haven't used it yet. I want to be safe for now till all the tunning issues are solved. Its' pretty close as far as a/f mixture.

We need more information to help with this one.

Are you running a stand alone computer system?

How about intercooler and exhaust?

Stock turbo or not?

I am running 15 psi but I am using a MS&S-extra and am running 16 deg at idle and up to 39 at some points. But under full throttle and full boost 15 psi at 5800 rpms I am at 15 deg.

HB280ZT

Guest 240zxt

Stock turbo for the moment, Fuel management is a 575cfm Barry Grant Mighty Demon blow thru carb ......lol....and a mallory unilite distributer with mechanical advance that I can set at any point. pretty big intercooler and a 3 inch exhaust, manual boost controller

Guest 240zxt

It runs great but I was just wondering what others were running (total timing) to get it close before heading for the dyno. Thanks for the reply.

The people around here that run dynos want to see 11.0 to 10.5 at wot.

However I think that is to rich for my setup, about 11.5 to 12 sounds better.

So I will be upping the timing to see what happens, but I want to do it right so I am looking at the following:

http://www.viatrack.ca/

Once I have this up and working then I will really see what I can do with timing and fuel to get the best performance out of my setup.

HB280ZT