HybridZ

FedEx woes

DavyZ

Grrrr. :mad: I finally found a near new Pro 5.0 shifter for a Chevy T5, which is extremely rare on ebay and ended up winning the auction. Mechandise was sent and everything, but either 1) didn't make it to my doorstep at all, but invoice claims it was 2) was sent somewhere else by mistake and no one in the neighborhood is talking--I checked with all the neighbors and keep getting a "no" 3. The time of delivery was 4:45 last Friday. My bro was home with the kids and I arrived home shortly after that. I don't think anyone could have stolen it in that short amount of time, especially with neighbors coming back from work, etc. No package, no door bell, nada. To top it all off, I believe there was no insurance and no signature required. I think I'm hosed. The seller is not returning any of my email and FedEx has not bothered to call me back--I call BS on their "Someone will get back to you." :mad: Just venting...

I may squeeze FedEx until I get something from them, but I'm sure it won't be anywhere near what I paid for the shifter. Pisses me off.

Davy

Guest TeamNissan

Call them, if it was delivered and you werent there it went back to thier warehouse. When I'm really excited for a package and I miss the delivery I drive on over and just pick it up, all you need is your lic.

The email is bogus I use them for like 30% of my shipping needs and on the phone they are usualy very helpfull.

I was in a situation like that once. The package contained a handgun...the shipping company(DHL. Now merged with some other company) said it was delivered, the online tracking said it was delivered, but it wasn't. The seller called their office to yell at them and threatened to call the police. Guess what, half an hour later, the shipping company said they "found" the package.

Man, if I were in your situation, I'd lie about having a handgun in the package and threaten to get the police involved or else they won't move their lazy asses.

FedEx doesn't send ANYTHING without insurance. If no value is declared it is still insured for up to $100. When a driver leaves a package on the doorstep, FedEx is still responsible if you come home and it isn't there. You can still file a claim with them. You'll have to prove the value, but I think you can at least get some money back on it.

A lot of times if you call FedEx they'll contact the driver and he can remember where if he delivered to the wrong address or stuck it under a bush or something.

What "Jmortensen" said. Also I don't think Fedex is dealing directly with recipients any longer. If the package was lost, then the seller/shipper has to file the claim, not you.

I work for Fedex and I've had stuff lost. Eventually got the check and to this day I still have thec check made out to my ebay id. I've never been able to have the check changed to my name and I have direct numbers to boot.

FedEx doesn't send ANYTHING without insurance. If no value is declared it is still insured for up to $100. When a driver leaves a package on the doorstep, FedEx is still responsible if you come home and it isn't there. You can still file a claim with them. You'll have to prove the value, but I think you can at least get some money back on it.

I did call them and they said they would get back to me. I have the ebay ad and could fax them a copy of the price paid, etc. I hope I get back all the money, but $100 is better than nothing. I have a lot of time to file a claim, but I'll do it sooner than later.

Also I don't think Fedex is dealing directly with recipients any longer. If the package was lost' date=' then the seller/shipper has to file the claim, not you.

I work for Fedex and I've had stuff lost. Eventually got the check and to this day I still have thec check made out to my ebay id. I've never been able to have the check changed to my name and I have direct numbers to boot.[/quote']

Actually the recipient can file a claim according to the website, so I'm happy about that. I'm not sure what happened with the delivery or package, so I'll file a claim. They had better NOT make the check out to my ebay name, or I'll be pissed off to the point of having a private meeting with them. That just isn't cool.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Davy

JSM is correct, the seller must file the claim. If the seller isn't responding I would cancel payment on them. I do a lot of selling on the net, and I can't emphasize enough the importance of communication, especially on Ebay.

Nope--I paid through Paypal, so cancelling my payment isn't an option. I have not given feedback yet, so perhaps I can spur them into action, but I'm having no luck at all with any communication from the seller. I do believe he sent it and all that, so I'm basically dealing with FedEx at this point. I'm not as sore about it today, but still bummed out about the loss of the shifter *ugh*

Davy

Fed-Ex is a stickler about there rules, and I doubt that you will get anywhere being the recipient. I dropped off a plasma tv at the main hub told the lady behind the counter everything ( she filled out the form) and only got the $500 they limited insurance on that type of item.

If the seller won't give you the tracking # to confirm the shipment can't you file a dispute with paypal?

If the seller won't give you the tracking # to confirm the shipment can't you file a dispute with paypal?

Oh, I have the tracking number and everything, including the all the shipping information from when it left the seller. It says that the package was dropped off at my house last Friday, which is not true. I could try Paypal, but I really do think the seller shipped everything.

Davy

You can still file with Paypal. The proof is up to the seller. If they dont file a claim with FEDEX you can get a paypal judgement against them and you are covered by Paypals insurance..

Now that's a useful piece of information. Very handy, thank you!

Davy

You can still file with Paypal. The proof is up to the seller. If they dont file a claim with FEDEX you can get a paypal judgement against them and you are covered by Paypals insurance..

Yep, that is how the recipeint of the package that got lost got his money back for my item.

UPDATE:

Ha, I received the brand new Pro 5.0 shifter in the mail today! :cheers: Yes, it's not used like the ad said, it was brand new and was $135 shipped :2thumbs:

Guy must have given me an incorrect tracking number, because this one came via UPS!! Must have been a misunderstanding. He did finally email me back after I sent my second email.

Thanks to all who piped up in this thread. Kudos.

Davy