HybridZ

cam towers interchangeablity

76s30

i found a n42 head but its in rough shape its been sitting in the elements for a while and the cam is more than likley siezed in the towers, the valves would take some work to remove but its free. so can I use cam towers off another N series head? or are the line bored on the head.

thanks

N42 heads aren't worth a whole lot, although maybe they're hard to come by in WI. You might consider just finding one that doesn't need a bunch of work. Even if you have to have it shipped you have to consider how much labor you're going to put into a head that is all seized up. Cam towers, valve guides, valves, etc... New head starts to look like a bargain...

well as for engine localy avialble to me i've got a 2.8 with n47

and 2 82 zx with p79

now both the n47 and the p79 's have liners yes i know they still flow good but i already have a square port header. i figured i could get the 2.8 with the n47 head and use the cam towers from that. and the work of removing and cleaning i'll do that my self, so it really doesn't cost anything but time.