HybridZ

Good starter car

Guest thatoneguy

Old school Toyotas like RWD corollas, carinas, coronas, celicas, and supras are always cheap reliable and fun. I used to have a 1980 TE72 corolla with a 1.8 liter "3T-C" pushrod hemi, equal length headers, crower cam and dual 40mm mikuni side drafts. I had the rare model with four round headlights, everyone swore it was a Datsun 510, and it was quick enough to beat most civics. Oh and I paid $400, it had 310K miles. I drove it 100 miles out to ocotillo wells, off roaded it (my friend was with me off roading his BMW 320i- it was a sight to see!) and drove it 100 miles back with absolutely no protest from the car whatsoever. I even jumped it a few times when I was out in the desert- no problem. The sheet metal might be flimsy but the mechanicals are bulletproof.

Jake

there are a lot of cars. ..i dont think the e30 is one though lol. once something breaks you gotta whip out the $$.

maybe its one of my fav. But the parts arnt that bad. THose cars are all over the junkyard (right next to all the zs haha)

maybe its one of my fav. But the parts arnt that bad. THose cars are all over the junkyard (right next to all the zs haha)

not around here. Z's are hard to come by. E30's are actually easier to find in the junkyards but not by much.