HybridZ

Cobra R Wheels Installed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably call these guys but I was wondering if you had info on if they had wider sets of the same wheels? Say 17 x 12?

No, I looked for months and never found anything other than custom wheels which are very spendy. Complet Custom Wheels are the cheapest, but still nearly double what you pay for these wheels. You can find plenty of 15 X 12s or spend the money, but really, how wide of a tire do you want? Manufacturer recomments 11" width for 335's, but they will fit on the 10.5" wheel. Also, remember that wheels are measured at the bead seat, so the 10.5" wheel is actually 11.5" wide on the ouside edges. When My tires die, I will probably go with 315's.

No, I looked for months and never found anything other than custom wheels which are very spendy. Complet Custom Wheels are the cheapest, but still nearly double what you pay for these wheels. You can find plenty of 15 X 12s or spend the money, but really, how wide of a tire do you want? Manufacturer recomments 11" width for 335's, but they will fit on the 10.5" wheel. Also, remember that wheels are measured at the bead seat, so the 10.5" wheel is actually 11.5" wide on the ouside edges. When My tires die, I will probably go with 315's.

Thank you that is very useful information. I am hoping to use 11.5 tires all around so if I could get a set of these wheels but 4 10.5's I would be all over them. Thanks again!!

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/cobrar5lug.htm

Its offers them in' date=' "+24mm or +34mm, and +27mm".

Which ones do you have Paul?

Thanks!!![/quote']

Here are the factors/specs affecting my wheel selection

Rears:

17x 10.5 wheel

275-40-17 tires

28mm offset (6.8" Back Spacing)

rear axles redrilled for 5-lug

1.25" alum spacer (the kind that attaches to the hub using the existing lugs and has its own set of lugs for the wheel to attach to.

MSA fiberglass "street" flares

Coil-Over Springs (2.5 x 10 inch Eibach)

Fronts:

17 x 9 wheel

245-45-17 tires

24mm offtet (5.9" Back Spacing)

'87 300ZX 5-lug hubs (different offset than 240Z)

no spacer

no flares

Coil-Over Springs (2.5 x 10 inch Eibach)

Nothing rubs. Front is a tight fit, but rear could go bigger. A 295 tire would fit for sure... 315 might?

I'm in the process of putting Mustang wheels on my car- Looking at the 2003 + cobra variety that are slightly different from the Cobra Rs.

The 10.5" rears with 285/40-17s (Looking for longer rear gearing via larger diameter) will require more flare than I've got, so I'll be doing rear flares in the near future - Looking at the Reaction Research 280YZ variety.

I really hate bodywork, but I gotta.

• 1 year later...