HybridZ

I love NOS, but my clutch doesn't

MY77Z

hi guys,

well i told you before that i had problems with my MC/SC setup... and that i have to adjust my clutch every 15 minutes maybe. i ordered a new Wilwood parts and should recieve them tomorow. anyways, yesterday i installed my NOS system with ''only'' 75hp jets, drove the car for 5 minutes and then sprayed it..... i LOVE it even with 75hp. unfortunately, my clutch started slipping and the nice smell when u frie a clutch was all in the air. so i floored it with NOS one last time from 1st gear, and wasn't able to shift into 2nd at high RPM, when i shifted, i heared this CLICK CLANK BOOM and something dropped from the car :D but was still able to drive it, 3rd gear no way, 4th gear no way....tomorow, i'm dropping the tranny to check everything and install the new Wilwood setup and maybe changing my clutch....:cool:

i'll let you know what happens.

it's 7/8" master cylinder (MC) from Wilwood (WIL-260-6765 at Summit). been told that it would fit without any modifications. i'll get it tomorow and will work on it after tomorow or in 3 days (depends on my job). i'll let you know how it goes and will post photos too. hopefully will work good, if not, i'll go with the Mcleod TO bearing.

this is what i ordered from jegs, i think i have all what i need, i'll see how it goes and let you know

1- 555-100901 #4 Hose Pre-cut 6-feet

2- 950-260-1333 Slave Cylinder,clutch

3- 555-100020 #4 90 Degree Hose End (2 of them)

4- 950-260-6765 Master Cyl Alum 7/8"bore

5- 361-at981604 Ftng -4 To 1/8" Npt (2 of them)

IMO NOS is just another power adder, people like turbos or blowers, i like nos, even if i build a 10s N/A car, i would still spray it to get into the 9s, nos is like an addiction for me, if i build a turbo car, i would still have nos to go even faster :) it's just me.

and next time, say something that would help me out :P

hi guys, just to let you know that i haven't worked on my car yet, since i'm dropping the tranny and my clutch is old (1999) :), i thought about buying a new kit and install it, went to 3 local shops here in kuwait and they don't have any high performance clutches, so i ordered a new RAM powergrip HD clutch from summit instead of the dual friction one that i've been using for the last 8 years, i should receive it in 5-7 days and install it with the new MC/SC setup :)

did any of you guys try this clutch? i've been told that it's much better than the dual friction and holds up to 600HP!!

I know people are gonna call bullshit on this but its the truth. I sprayed my original 5.0 175 shot for 3 years. Ran the car at the track everyweek. The engine had over 100,000 miles. I never had a single problem. I sold that engine to a friend and he has been spraying the thing for at least 3 yrs. That is the honest truth. I drove this car daily with no concerns. During that time I had a trailer hitch on the back of my car and pulled a pop up trailer over a thousand miles on a family trip. No oil usage and the car always ran great. Just my experience. Just gotta be smart about using it. I feel the same as you. Even if my car ran 10 flat on the engine I would spay it into the 9s.

ed

hi Ed......

i know it aint bull$hit because i've been sprayin 150 shot for 5 years now, and swapped the engine into my Z and i'm going to spray it again :) all my internals are stock and never had a problem with it on the street or the track (talking about my mustang)..... thanks God i found someone who loves NOS as much as i do :)

maybe i'll stop sprayin if my car runs 8 flat!! maybe. but wait, if i spray it, i'll be in the 7s LOOOOL :)